Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Hey all.

Am now drinking in the last chance saloon -

I have uninstalled Ashes Cricket 2009 and then re-installed it.

What I need to know now from you nice people is whether I should download the beta 1 patch and then the beta 2 patch - or can I just download the beta 2 patch ??

TIA

D

DOH !!

Sorry - Forget it - I just reread the first post and it seems you do !!

Last edited:
Hey all.

Am now drinking in the last chance saloon -

I have uninstalled Ashes Cricket 2009 and then re-installed it.

What I need to know now from you nice people is whether I should download the beta 1 patch and then the beta 2 patch - or can I just download the beta 2 patch ??

TIA

D

DOH !!

Sorry - Forget it - I just reread the first post and it seems you do !!

Yes you got to install both patches.

Here is my latest attempt to get thru a 20/20. First I uninstalled the game off my PC then re-installed and added the two patches.

Then I started to play :

20 overs game - offline.

Tournament on Normal

Me - Bowling as Sri Lanka

AI - Batting as West Indies

The game is still freezing frequently when the ball is reaching the boundary

or

If a catch is taken in the outfield.

I have tried just about everything and really would appreciate any advice.

I have lowered the in game settings as far down as :

Resolution right down to 1280 x 800

Turned Graphics down to Medium

Turned Shadow down to Medium

Switched off Special Effects

Anti-Aliasing is Off

Crowd is On

In my NVIDIA Control Panel my settings are :

Anisotropic Filtering = OFF

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction = ON

Antialiasing - Mode = Application Controlled

Antialiasing - Setting = Use Global Setting (Application Controlled)

Antialiasing - Transparency = OFF

Conformant texture clamp = Use hardware

Extension Limit = OFF

Maximum Pre-rendered Frames = 1

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration = Multiple display performance mode

Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Options = ON

Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias = Allow

Texture Filtering - Quality = High Performance

Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization = ON

Triple Buffering = OFF

Vertical Sync = Force Off (have also forced on but game still crashes)

SYSTEM :

I have a Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.06 GHz

2 MB RAM

My C drive is 143 GB with 115 GB free

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GPU (with latest drivers installed)

On Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3)

Any help appreciated before I turn Ashes Cricket 2009 into a frisbee !!

Many Thanks,

D

There is always a green circle. Sometime for a very short time depending on hard the catch is. For difficult catches it only appers like a flash.

If you are pressing too early then you are not going to see the green circle. Offline or online there is not difference.

It's not such a bad thing to have the catches the way they are now, but legends coaching needs to have the option to practice catches (and everything else) in hard mode!

I'd say this is close to a 'critical' fix, because it renders the practice mode pointless for the vast majority of people.

I think the AI should only go for lofted shots when they're bold, or above. When they're 'confident', they're prone to making mistakes, playing and missing and not making many runs and it's annoying to have a batsman tied down and then, out of nowhere, he hits a good delivery for six!

This is mainly for tests, the rule would have to be relaxed a bit for limited over cricket.

Here is my latest attempt to get thru a 20/20. First I uninstalled the game off my PC then re-installed and added the two patches.

Then I started to play :

20 overs game - offline.

Tournament on Normal

Me - Bowling as Sri Lanka

AI - Batting as West Indies

The game is still freezing frequently when the ball is reaching the boundary

or

If a catch is taken in the outfield.

I have tried just about everything and really would appreciate any advice.

I have lowered the in game settings as far down as :

Resolution right down to 1280 x 800

Turned Graphics down to Medium

Turned Shadow down to Medium

Switched off Special Effects

Anti-Aliasing is Off

Crowd is On

In my NVIDIA Control Panel my settings are :

Anisotropic Filtering = OFF

Antialiasing - Gamma Correction = ON

Antialiasing - Mode = Application Controlled

Antialiasing - Setting = Use Global Setting (Application Controlled)

Antialiasing - Transparency = OFF

Conformant texture clamp = Use hardware

Extension Limit = OFF

Maximum Pre-rendered Frames = 1

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration = Multiple display performance mode

Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Options = ON

Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias = Allow

Texture Filtering - Quality = High Performance

Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization = ON

Triple Buffering = OFF

Vertical Sync = Force Off (have also forced on but game still crashes)

SYSTEM :

I have a Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.06 GHz

2 MB RAM

My C drive is 143 GB with 115 GB free

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GPU (with latest drivers installed)

On Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3)

Any help appreciated before I turn Ashes Cricket 2009 into a frisbee !!

Many Thanks,

D

Is your PEN a DUAL CORE or QUAD or single core ?

do u turn off all your processes b4 you play ?

shut down everything in system tray b4 u play ?

your video card is a low performance one

GeForce 8400 GS
Core Clock (MHz) 450
Shader Clock (MHz) 900
Memory Clock (MHz) 400
Memory Amount 256MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 6.4
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 3.6

I think you need a 256bit card mate & 512mb atleast ddr3

my old Nividia MX 440 was 6.4 GB/sec & its like 5- 6 yrs old

you gotta update your PC ashes cricket needs abit to play properly :)

With the PING colours is Green like 0 - 150 ping & Orange 150 - 300 ping etc ????
cheers

yes the aussies won sweet :)

Yeah whats with Nathan Bracken not being in the game - yet Jason Kreyza is. Word?

Does anyone know if AI dropped catches have been fixed. The AI drops way way way too many easy catches in the original game.

Cant wait to get this patch for the 360.

Also, has the bug where the bowler runs through the stumps been fixed yet?

Yeah whats with Nathan Bracken not being in the game - yet Jason Kreyza is. Word?

Does anyone know if AI dropped catches have been fixed. The AI drops way way way too many easy catches in the original game.

whats your 360 tag mate?

I've played many matches with the beta patches and the bug that you've mentioned did'nt occur.

Regarding dropped catches, they're more realistc, IMO. Played some Tests and ODI against SA and Aus, they did'nt drop many. Sub-continental teams also did well.

Help me!!

while trying to install beta 1...it says..."patch is not compatible with the installed version"

What should I do...???

Hi everyone. Joined PlanetCricket a few weeks ago just to look around and now this is my first post. I just wanted to give my impressions of the patch beta 2.

Been playing the 1st Ashes Test as Australia. At lunch on day 1 England are 4/116.

For the most part I am pleased with the game. Everything promised in the patch seems to be in the game now, the ball swings more, spinners not useless etc.

I do like that batsmen now have to build an innings rather than just come out swinging straight away, although this wasn't the case with KP. He seems to think he has a licence to slog no matter where I bowl. He's 45 not out off 36 balls in a test match. He's an aggressive player so that's ok but right now I have no answers to dislodge him. Got off the mark with a 6 then hit a 4 the next ball and has been smacking me ever since.

The other batsmen look a little scratchy. Strauss got run out for 11 after straight driving a ball into Siddle's boot and taking off for a run. I wouldn't say it was suicidal, just a good throw. Bopara only lasted to 5 and Collingwood just 2. Cook seemed more aggressive too, he raced to 30 when the team was 2/50 but once KP came out he went more defensive and eventually got bowled by Hauritz for 44 not playing a shot to a spinning ball.

Some things I have noticed

- Good swing for pace bowlers
- Spinners seem effective ( Hauritz has two wickets from 5 overs)
- Fielders now slide to stop the ball
- When the field is set deep, batsmen only take singles if the ball is wide of the fielder, if it's hit straight to them they opt not to run. Much better than a suicidal run out.
- You need to be constantly on your toes, changing your lines and lengths, fields and tactics. Being predictable is not an option.
- Stamina has been improved, was able to use Hilfenhaus and Siddle for 7 and 6 over spells rather than 3 or 4.

That's all for now, but from someone who has been playing cricket games since Super International Cricket on SNES, this game is blowing them all away. Thanks to Codemasters and Transmission for listening and constantly trying to improve.

Dougie,

I read that new NVidia drivers are sup-optimal. Try downgrading to an older driver version. Ultimately a new video card is the best solution. You can get a really powerful card like Radeon 4850 for around $100 USD and enjoy the game at nice 1900x1200.

Cheweydog aust said:
Is your PEN a DUAL CORE or QUAD or single core ?

do u turn off all your processes b4 you play ?

shut down everything in system tray b4 u play ?

your video card is a low performance one

GeForce 8400 GS
Core Clock (MHz) 450
Shader Clock (MHz) 900
Memory Clock (MHz) 400
Memory Amount 256MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 6.4
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 3.6

I think you need a 256bit card mate & 512mb atleast ddr3

my old Nividia MX 440 was 6.4 GB/sec & its like 5- 6 yrs old

you gotta update your PC ashes cricket needs abit to play properly

Thanks for replying Cheweydog aust

I have a single core processor.

Yip, I have all other processes turned off and everything in the system tray is shut down.

I have a GeForce 8 8400GS graphics card :

Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

Clock Speed 567 MHz

Video Memory Installed 512 MB

Technology DDR2 SDRAM 64-bit

Memory Clock Speed 1.4 GHz

I appreciate that the problem may lie with my graphics card – it is definitely not bang up to date technology !! Thing is - I actually upgraded to this card from an onboard graphics card to be able to play this game (admittedly I could have upgraded to a better card, but as this card easily fell within the minimum requirements as provided by Codemasters, I thought it would suffice. That’s what I get I suppose for trying to upgrade on the cheap – schoolboy error from a schoolboy cricketer !!)

The freezing problem that I have obviously relates to my machine rather than the game itself.

Isura said:
Dougie,

I read that new NVidia drivers are sup-optimal. Try downgrading to an older driver version. Ultimately a new video card is the best solution. You can get a really powerful card like Radeon 4850 for around $100 USD and enjoy the game at nice 1900x1200.

Thanks for replying Isura

I will revert back to the original drivers that came with the card and give that a try.

Otherwise, I may have to buy a new card as you say.

Flippin’ Heck – it is all pretty annoying though. That will mean that I have had to upgrade my PC with extra RAM and two graphics cards just to play this game.

I would have been better off just buying a brand new X box and playing the game there !! Flippin’ Heck

Cheers,

D

Hmm, seems TG still have a lot of tweaking to do! Would we be able to get an updated expected release date?

Users who are viewing this thread