Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Isura said:
Dougie,

I read that new NVidia drivers are sup-optimal. Try downgrading to an older driver version. Ultimately a new video card is the best solution. You can get a really powerful card like Radeon 4850 for around $100 USD and enjoy the game at nice 1900x1200.

Isura,

Do you recommend the 512 mb or 1 gb Radeon 4850 ??

Also would either be compatible with a single core processor and DDR2 Ram ??

Cheers,

D

Custom field positions

If the codies are still taking inputs, i would like to post this request.

It would be nice to pick a preset "field placement" and use that as a base to adjust the field to my requirements, this would help a lot rather than adjusting the field placements from scratch.

Just a thought.

How about just allowing you to save custom fields?! or has this been addressed in the patch

Isura,

Do you recommend the 512 mb or 1 gb Radeon 4850 ??

Also would either be compatible with a single core processor and DDR2 Ram ??

Cheers,

D

The 512mb should be enough for 16x10 but the 1gb versions are pretty close in price (can be had cheaper if you shop around). With the 4850 you'll be CPU limited though. The card is compatible with your CPU, but it's better matched with a fast dual or quad core to get the best performance from the card. I had trouble running the ashes 09 demo on my old 9500 GT with a athlon 64 processor. I upgraded to quad core (same video card) and the game runs much smoother.

Isura - Dude !!

Just reverted back to my original 8400GS drivers - 20/20 game running much smoother.

Only played 1 over right enough - but have high hopes !!

Will see how I get on

Thanks again !!

D

How about just allowing you to save custom fields?! or has this been addressed in the patch

It was dumb this feature wasn't in the original game. Specially online, its a pain to first chose your custom squad from scratch, then the field from scratch. Games 5 years ago had custom field save feature.

The batting in Beta 2 is much easier as compared to Beta 1.

I am really happy with the current one.

Hats Off to TG. :hpraise

It was dumb this feature wasn't in the original game. Specially online, its a pain to first chose your custom squad from scratch, then the field from scratch. Games 5 years ago had custom field save feature.

If a choice, I could live without having custom fields saved...... if instead I could put my fielders where I actually want, not just on some pre-positioned dot.

I mean since they allow the precise shot placement when batting, being able to cover individuals favorite shots would be nice too.... especially being able to position fielders mid-way between the fielding circle and the boundary would be awesome.

Just my opinion ;)

Otherwise I'm a PS3 console user and can't wait for the patch to reach consoles.... sounds like some great improvements!

wasn't this patch supposed to release during this time? its getting too late and I am getting more and more impatient. I really want to play the game with this patch as i am bored of winning matches with 7 run outs and 3 catches. I really want to get some LBWs and Bowleds. what is the approximate release date for the patch? Please TG, release it soon. We cannot wait anymore?

Better to wait a bit longer and get the best patch. This is probably the only patch they're releasing, it should fix as much as possible

wasn't this patch supposed to release during this time? its getting too late and I am getting more and more impatient. I really want to play the game with this patch as i am bored of winning matches with 7 run outs and 3 catches. I really want to get some LBWs and Bowleds. what is the approximate release date for the patch? Please TG, release it soon. We cannot wait anymore?

MS for my understanding you also have a gameplanet version of the game and according to matt even the final pc patch would not help us. well he says gameplanet guys them selfs have to do some work in oder to get the patch working. better get the retail version some how mate.

MS for my understanding you also have a gameplanet version of the game and according to matt even the final pc patch would not help us. well he says gameplanet guys them selfs have to do some work in oder to get the patch working. better get the retail version some how mate.

Right and wrong. Yes, gameplanet should release the patch after modification and no, there is no need to purchase a retail version if you are patient enough. All the games till date which have been patched are available on gamesplanet (if the initial release was put up) as a special patch. Takes time but it will be available. So if you are so impatient like me, get a retail version!!!

Last edited:

Haven't we heard enough on this subject? Remember good things come to those who wait. I am one of them :)

Eroor opening the page

Is available now! :happy

Visit the Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2 Download Page.

Enjoy!

Edit by WHM:

Notes:

Also note that you must have Beta 1 installed before updating to this patch, which means those who have the Steam or GamePlanet versions will not be able to use it, it is a issue with the differences between those versions and the Retail DVD.
when opening the page i got the error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. * Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Just reverted back to my original 8400GS drivers - 20/20 game running much smoother.

This is correct Dougie1. There is some sort of problem with the updated drivers for the Nvidia 8 series, and a lot of games only function correct with the original driver.

Users who are viewing this thread