Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^ Read it thanks.

I am playing with this patch for the first time. And loading time has increased.:doh

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I had a dropped game with dutchad & 2 completed games with ravi & lazy

My first impression is that the online lag has been reduced by leaps & bounds. Earlier the balls used the lag like crap when i used to play dutch ( who is in Kiwiland & im in India ) , now there is Zero Lag when playing with him . Right, ZERO !!!

Well the Username that used to be on top of players now has its font size reduced .

Also , Note ........ The days of the batsmen dominating are over. Its a different game altogether. Different tactics are needed, to survive the game. I had a low scoring game with lazy & it went to the last ball ( i lost BTW ).

Now we wont have unreal scores like 110 from 5 overs or anything like that.

The games online features have been tweaked beautifully & it is a totally different game altogether. Trust me, I wont be surprised or disappointed if the leaderboards are reset.

Well Done Transmission

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
It was my second-ever online game, too! What a thriller. Sidebottom the hero.

I tried to do the move-y cursor thing when bowling, but gave up as it was too hard to control! Took me a while to get used to you doing it though.

radiator1943

School Cricketer
Thanks for the work done! I have tried to find somewhere in the manual which can allow a 2 player game, is this possible?

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well,I just played my first match online with sunnykinger with this patch,and I was chasing 58 in 5 overs. I was cruising along with 50/2 from 4 overs,when he bowled a spinner,and I was really happy. Trust me, I could not score a run in that over,and I lost. :laugh :rtfl

sunnykinger

Club Captain
Well,I just played my first match online with sunnykinger with this patch,and I was chasing 58 in 5 overs. I was cruising along with 50/2 from 4 overs,when he bowled a spinner,and I was really happy. Trust me, I could not score a run in that over,and I lost. :laugh :rtfl

lol
yes
i was surprised too
i had options available to bowl a wrong one and flipper was also available after i got the wicket.
i happy too
but ball was looping too and i guess the lobby had a ping signal to yellow
it should be green to play without any problem

xvalerianx

Club Captain
lol
yes
i was surprised too
i had options available to bowl a wrong one and flipper was also available after i got the wicket.
i happy too
but ball was looping too and i guess the lobby had a ping signal to yellow
it should be green to play without any problem

Yes,but guess we did not face any lag problems,except the 1st wicket you lost. I guess that was due to lag. The rest of the match went off smoothly. :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for the work done! I have tried to find somewhere in the manual which can allow a 2 player game, is this possible?
You'd need two supported controllers (i.e. two Xbox 360 Controllers for Windows), but it should work fine (2+2 online I'm not sure about). If you are using Joy2Key or something, it won't work as the two controllers need to virtually press the same keys.

radiator1943

School Cricketer
Thanks for the info I was wondering if you could use keyboard and 360 controller

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm downloading it now. :) This will work with current saves, won't it?

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Just had a good game against Stevie. I won, comfortably in the end but it was closer than i would have liked. My spin bowlers stole the show.

Bring on the Lazy Chesnut.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Swann's doosra should be banned! :D I was truly inept against him.

5 over game setup if anyone wants to play, make it quick because my internet gets throttled in around 30 minutes...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Swann's doosra should be banned! :D I was truly inept against him.

5 over game setup if anyone wants to play, make it quick because my internet gets throttled in around 30 minutes...

Lol yeah, to be fair Rashid did bloody well too, it was only Patel that was expensive.

Gutted i lost as many wickets as i did though, i made such a good start to the chase.

Mind you, you did the same.

It was Karachi, maybe that was why. Spin bowling won the day.

St0ney

Club Captain
Guys seeing as the patch doesnt work on the game thru steam, will the final patch work is all i need to know.:sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread