Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Guys seeing as the patch doesnt work on the game thru steam, will the final patch work is all i need to know.:sarcasm

I can't see a company releasing a final patch that doesn't work on all (legal) versions.

No mention of whether 'fearless' batsmen have been toned down in the fixlist...

A small bug ive been noticing since the retail version. It was there in Beta 1 & is here as well.

Details:

This bug takes place only in online mode. When im bowling & using a custom field setting , suddenly without notice the filed changes to the one being used before it. Look at the field radar closely to get a clear view of the bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any comments on the lofted shots issue yet guys ?
How's that going (particularly in single player mode v cpu). ?

This bug takes place only in online mode. When im bowling & using a custom field setting , suddenly without notice the filed changes to the one being used before it. Look at the field radar closely to get a clear view of the bug.

This happened to me against The_gas as well.

I hope this doesn't cause any strange little issues with saved games - I really don't want to have to start my Ashes again, even though I am 2-0 down.

Someone post something about gameplay. Quick.

OK!

The thing that jumped out at me was I bowled two balls and the second got Watson (who was 'bold') to play and miss - LBW. In Beta 1, batsmen over 'confident' seemed to hardly make mistakes against seamers at all...

Edit: Saved games are working fine!

Edit: Next ball and Freddy beats a backward defensive and hits the top of off. I hope the AI aren't going to be too easy to bowl out now. I want to see them make a partnership to put that fear to bed.

Edit: The AI still don't seem to be taking easy singles, especially when the ball goes behind the wicket off an edge for example.

Last edited:
This has happened to me a few times online (on the ps3) so I'm not sure it's to do with the patch. Would be good if it was fixed though, annoying having to edit the field round to sort it.

When ever i try to join a game it says that UNABLE to CONNECT WITH HOST......can some one please help me..:help(my internet is working fine)

Encouraging to hear that the lag is better. Interested in what someone said about batting being harder online. Is that a general impression?

Hi guys,

Could anyone post something about the offline gameplay for beta 2 1.1v.

I posted some further up the page. ;)

In my game vs the AI, I'm getting some odd lag at random, usually just as the ball is about to be bowled, or just after the batsman hits the ball; it's not happening all the time though. Strange.

Bowler stamina looks to have been fixed though.

Catches seem to be sped up quite a bit.

Last edited:
I dont have the patch but your playing a powerplay and it looks like you have 3 bowlers outside the circle.

Is it not just jumping another man inside the circle to make it legal?

Just guessing here

I posted some further up the page. ;)

In my game vs the AI, I'm getting some odd lag at random, usually just as the ball is about to be bowled, or just after the batsman hits the ball; it's not happening all the time though. Strange.

Bowler stamina looks to have been fixed though.

How is AI compairing to to Beta 1?

have they addressed the issues that occur during beta 1?

PS3 owner here, just writing in to thank TM & Codies for sticking with the hitherto ignored Cricket-gaming community.

Not only does this iterative patch process improve the current game, I think it builds upon the platform for the next full installment. In a way, through the patch the developers have either, a) decreased the effort required to deliver the next installment, or hopefully b) made it possible to include new features and improvements that would've otherwise taken a back-seat.

Users who are viewing this thread