Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Encouraging to hear that the lag is better. Interested in what someone said about batting being harder online. Is that a general impression?

Not sure, it seemed similar to me, it might be a bit more difficult to hit sixes though. I'd still like to see hard as an option online.

I dont have the patch but your playing a powerplay and it looks like you have 3 bowlers outside the circle.

Is it not just jumping another man inside the circle to make it legal?

Just guessing here

Who are you talking to?

I dont have the patch but your playing a powerplay and it looks like you have 3 bowlers outside the circle.

Is it not just jumping another man inside the circle to make it legal?

Just guessing here

When the game starts , the first powerplay is on & we can have only 2 fielders outside the circle. During the second powerplay we are allowed to use 3 fielders outside the circle.

Check out the Champions Trophy & watch the field placements during the second powerplay to get the point.

Kabooka .

Nice, I like reading my name :) MMMMMMM Kaaaaboooooooooookaaaaa !!!

i wont buy any kind of games from gamesplanet again i promise::facepalm:crying:mad:

The AI seem slightly less cautious when going for runs, but they never seem to take runs off edges or drop and run for quick singles. Still, that's preferable to the runout bug.

The stamina appears to be fixed. The bowler's stamina does reduce, but it replenishes partially at lunch/tea. I noticed a new cutscene at lunch, or it could've been the old one from a different camera angle.

Also, I'm sure when I bowled the AI the stump went back further than normal - maybe stump physics have been worked on as well? Only time will tell.

Have a look at scorecard. 5 runouts(4 were suisidal). It all happened after installing open beta 2. I never had any suisidal runouts before(i.e with open beta 1).

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 93
Have a look at scorecard. 5 runouts(4 were suisidal). It all happened after installing open beta 2. I never had any suisidal runouts before(i.e with open beta 1).

Oh no, are you telling me the AI suicide-o-runout bug is back for you? I was worried about that happening...

Ya. Now AI seems to be less cautious between the wickets and getting runout very often. I hope it will be fixed in the final patch.

Ya. Now AI seems to be less cautious between the wickets and getting runout very often. I hope it will be fixed in the final patch.

But now, they're still turning down easy singles quite often, yet the runout bug is back? TG, you're needed.

I'm going to save every over again for now, just in case.

I played a 20 20 match against SA......(my team was SL)but ther wer no run outs at all...They played extremely well and scored 178/5 yes im using the beta 2.1..i dont have any screen shots coz i dont konw how to get them

Sounds quite isolated to me. Also not a case of "back". Rob totally rewrote the logic for running between the wickets.

Sounds quite isolated to me. Also not a case of "back". Rob totally rewrote the logic for running between the wickets.

Well, I have played a good thirty overs so far today and not a sign of an AI suicido-runout (in a test match), so maybe you're right. The spinners are not spinning it square on day one anymore, but I think the 'fearless' batsmen are hitting too many sixes now. The runrate's still fine, around 4/5 rpo.

For my money I think at the end of the day, there's going to be a compromise on this patch, which'll be the AI doesn't run itself out, but occasionally hits some boundaries.

Although I am a bit worried bowling is too easy on this, as witnessed on Steve's game; where previously he could hardly dismiss the Australians he's now getting them out cheaply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread