Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Just tried a 5 over match online. The ping was green and 0% lag :happy. Spinners have good effect but still with perfect trimming you can clear the ropes. Now the game is little more difficult i think they have reduced the timing meter so if we time it little early or late we miss the shot. Now the game looks more perfect for online & offline mode.

Thanks to codies for the gr8 work :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise.

Not to mention , while playing online there is less time to decide where to pitch the ball. So people ( like me :sarcasm ) who move the cursor a lot , will have less time to annoy others.
Also I noted , that now the pitching cursor starts from the center of the pitch & not from the Normal Length present in the Unpatched version.

All in all some useful tweaks by Transmission.

I've got an online version of the game, bought it when it first came out. Had the message Patch not compatible with installed version
Could some help me and tell me if there will be a version that will work for me and if so when will I be able to get it? Thanks/

I've got an online version of the game, bought it when it first came out. Had the message Patch not compatible with installed version
Could some help me and tell me if there will be a version that will work for me and if so when will I be able to get it? Thanks/

Sadly the beta patch is not compatible with the online versions of the game, but the full patch probably will. Until the full patch is released there's nothing much you can do

Mmmm interesting thing here: am I correct in stating that the beta 2 patch uses the default save location and therefore the display.opt file in the original games folder thingy? Get what I mean?:)

just downloaded beta 2, will test it tomorrow and report back.

on a sidenote has the 'players running thru the stumps' been looked at all? noticed today whilst playing the 2nd test v Aus (Ashes Series beta1) that if you take a wicket with a spinner (for e.g Bowled) that the wicket keeper runs thru the stumps to celebrate and sometimes it happens with other players that are close fielding from a defensive shot.
Not a big issue I grant you but just looks a bit clumsy programming wise I think.

Also tried the 'run WMP with a track on repeat trick' and couldnt believe how much that improved loading time and scorecard loading times, very bizarre! lol

Last edited:
Not to mention , while playing online there is less time to decide where to pitch the ball. So people ( like me :sarcasm ) who move the cursor a lot , will have less time to annoy others.
Also I noted , that now the pitching cursor starts from the center of the pitch & not from the Normal Length present in the Unpatched version.

All in all some useful tweaks by Transmission.

Can't say I've noticed that offline, I'll check again in a minute. If so, it's a good thing - that way, you have to decide where to put the cursor, rather than it already being on a good length by default.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

For my money I think at the end of the day, there's going to be a compromise on this patch, which'll be the AI doesn't run itself out, but occasionally hits some boundaries.

Although I am a bit worried bowling is too easy on this, as witnessed on Steve's game; where previously he could hardly dismiss the Australians he's now getting them out cheaply.

Between wickets 5 and 6 falling, there was a decent partnership and the day is cloudy - maybe that's making a difference? I'll report back later on their final score. It's still damn hard bowling to them when they're 'fearless', but as Brook said, we're not going to get it perfect with this patch - some compromises will have to be made.

How is everyone liking the star quitter system?

Has anyone tried to quit a match and see if the stats still save?

Bearing in mind that your rating won't carry over you're quite safe practicing your quitting on the beta patch ;)

Could someone post screen shots of what the rating looks like and what the leaderboards now look like. Thanks a million :D

Users who are viewing this thread