Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

If they had the patch it would have been received by them by now. I say let's forget it.

If they had the patch it would have been received by them by now. I say let's forget it.

As in: "Ah well, the Germans have already got Poland. Let's just forget it!"

As in: "Ah c'mon John and Paul, what's the point of playing in a dingy little club in Hamburg? Lets just forget it!"

As in: "Ah c'mon Barack, nobody will ever allow someone form the black community become president. Let's just forget it!"

I think my point is clear.

As in: "Ah c'mon John and Paul, what's the point of playing in a dingy little club in Hamburg? Lets just forget it!"

As in: "Ah c'mon Barack, nobody will ever allow someone form the black community become president. Let's just forget it!"

dutchy u sounds old there man

None of those three examples are really the same as waiting for a patch, are they? We can't force Codesmasters/whoever's hand, we just have to wait and see what happens. I can understand forgetting it, unfortunately, I can't.

Broadband access in India is very expensive & very limited. I am one of the few who has 1mbps internet access over here & it costs me 34$/Month. Most people don't have access to anything more than 256kbps broadband plans so in addition to purchasing the game online , they run the hassle of downloading it.

Not to mention credit card purchasing & net banking is something that not many Indians are very comfortable with. This is because of the fact that the average gamer is very young & is often ignorant about web safety etc. In smaller cities and towns where the game is not sold physically , the elder folk who have credit cards are more often than have very limited knowledge about internet purchasing & computers in general.

Maybe in the next 5 years odd, Indians will have access to faster & more affordable broadband in addition to being more comfortable with online transactions.

What are you talking about mate 256kbps is an outdated concept.. you get speeds upto 16mbps while 8mbps is very common... I am not sure who ur service provider is but I think hes taking you for a ride coz for $17/month you get 2mpbs with good latency.
As for online transactions well they are very popular in India at least in the metros mostly people are paying trough credit cards

16mbps :eek:

lilas11 ... what part of India are you from? Paris ? :sarcasm

Last edited:
See dude.. when you have problems of the level of theft (aka piracy) 'coz people can't (don't want to) buy games priced 2000/-, how do you expect them to spend 5000/- per month?

Ofcourse, the rich can afford this but when talking of general class who have wages of around 20,000/- per month (pure guess) 5k is 1/4th of it which is purely insane.

So, 256kbps is still a reality in some parts of the country, if not many. Perhaps you should step out of Delhi and see whats happening in the rest of cities (villages in your words).

EDIT:

If you see the 5 most used plans, you would see the maximum(not common) speed is 2 Mbps and speeds in kbps is still used.

Top 5 plans for Delhi are as follows:

Freedom 1699(Airtel/DL/FL/009) - 1 Mbps - 1700
Freedom 2999(Airtel/DL/FL/016) - 2 Mbps - 3000
Surf 749(Airtel/DL/FL/005) - 256 kbps - 750
Swift 1099(Airtel/DL/FL/006) - 512 kbps - 1100
Turbo 1299(Airtel/DL/FL/007) - 512 kbps - 1300

Last edited:
What are you talking about mate 256kbps is an outdated concept.. you get speeds upto 16mbps while 8mbps is very common... I am not sure who ur service provider is but I think hes taking you for a ride coz for $17/month you get 2mpbs with good latency.
As for online transactions well they are very popular in India at least in the metros mostly people are paying trough credit cards

You must be talking about

Airtel-broadband-plans.gif

Im on Freedom 1699 which comes to 35$ for 1mbps with unlimited downloading cap.

Talking of Velocity 2999 or 4999, they are too expensive for a home user . I mean who pays 105$ a month for 16mbps with a download cap of 100GB ( which could theoretically be exhausted in roughly 14 hours of downloading .

As far as 17$ of 16mbps is concerned , a download cap of 5/10 GB is not what im looking for.

In Metros, people can actually go and buy the game from a shop , where its freely available. The online purchase part is the only avenue for smaller towns & they aint too comfortable about it .

Users who are viewing this thread