Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
And what is this certification process?? and why does it take so long(2weeks)??

Sony/MS have to ensure that any title updates for their consoles, meet their own requirements of any piece of software which goes on their machines. Crash bugs, etc. I imagine there probably is issues looking at licensing, content meeting age ratings, etc.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
cool thanks for reply, guess it would take pretty long as its all quite complicating.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
cool thanks for reply, guess it would take pretty long as its all quite complicating.

Takes 2-3 weeks once the certification slots are open.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
so when is this certification process thingy going to start.

No one knows. I hope they do let us know when the update is in certification process

Hitterman

International Coach
we hope that then, you'll be more likely to stick with us for any future titles.
After Ashes Cricket 2009, it's obvious that people will stick to TG's cricket titles.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
you would think so but i think ill try different ones also but a great effort has been made by tg well a great effort still being made

Kabooka

International Cricketer
BTW well done ROB & transmission, this is the best cricket game in a long time , it would be great to have 2 vs 2 online IDEA I love the runouts when 2 r on the same team its great fun :) realistic

cheers

At least Offline , 2 on he same side is possible. I have been playing with my brother as the same team & more often than not , the game becomes very cool. After every shot we have to yell at each other whether to run , or to go back or maybe steal another extra single :)

This is so as the Other player doesn't automatically run if you have initiated a run , infact he too has to initiate the run ( even if he is at the non strikers end ) & the coordination between 2 players has to be excellent for good running between the wickets.

Who knows maybe we could see 2vs2 in Online later after another patch or in the next iteration of cricket by Transmission :)

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
I'm sure they'd love to be able to do something about the piracy issue but unfortunately it's too big a problem.

no colin i dont think so. they can fix it at lest by good 75% if they try. what they have to do is make the game availible in all test playing nations. ofcoz they cant make it availible every country in the world but there is no market for cricket games in all the countrys. market is in 10 test playing nations (well you can count ZIM out). if they do this. i think people would buy the legal version... some people just dont have a choice.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
no colin i dont think so. they can fix it at lest by good 75% if they try. what they have to do is make the game availible in all test playing nations. ofcoz they cant make it availible every country in the world but there is no market for cricket games in all the countrys. market is in 10 test playing nations (well you can count ZIM out). if they do this. i think people would buy the legal version... some people just dont have a choice.

That simply isn't true. AC09 is widely available in India and at a much lower price than Aus/UK and piracy has still been rampant. I know there are countries where it isn't available but they make up less of the piracy than the Indian market.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That simply isn't true. AC09 is widely available in India and at a much lower price than Aus/UK and piracy has still been rampant. I know there are countries where it isn't available but they make up less of the piracy than the Indian market.

Well unfortunately this is very much true. In India, more than 85% of PC have one or the other pirated software. Hell, the os itself is pirated in almost 90% of the cases.
Piracy is rampant in all fields be it software, music, games, etc. :( :(

Another thing is that people are well off to afford the softwares but still pirate it since it is available freely. In India, torrents are not monitored so everything is freely available :(

Nithish Victor

Club Cricketer
It would take some serious work by the govt. to stop piracy in India(A revolution maybe). Softwares and games are sold like Vegetables and Hotdogs by street Vendors..."Get Your Softwares and games here....." :)

Also, I would like to add that Legit games and softwares are not available in every area except may be the big cities and a few exceptional towns....otherwise finding a game in a local shop is impossible. Since, I am in Bangalore I don't find difficulty in finding games...

Anyway, I just find the batting in AC09 to be very easy...
I just feel this game is a few tweaks away from perfection....

Sureshot

Executive member

A choice? :laugh I don't have a car, but I want that one, I'll break in to it and then it's mine.

There is always a choice. There is just no point in selling games in India.

Users who are viewing this thread