Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

See dude.. when you have problems of the level of theft (aka piracy) 'coz people can't (don't want to) buy games priced 2000/-, how do you expect them to spend 5000/- per month?

Ofcourse, the rich can afford this but when talking of general class who have wages of around 20,000/- per month (pure guess) 5k is 1/4th of it which is purely insane.
So, 256kbps is still a reality in some parts of the country, if not many. Perhaps you should step out of Delhi and see whats happening in the rest of cities (villages in your words).

Well for high speed you need to pay the price though I dont think someone earning around 20000 a month would really care for playing cricket online and would be focusing more on his carrier .. besides my point of mentioning the speed is not to say speeds like 512kbps and 1 mbps r not used but that other than Paris:sarcasm other places in India do have 16mbps available

EDIT:

If you see the 5 most used plans, you would see the maximum(not common) speed is 2 Mbps and speeds in kbps is still used.

Top 5 plans for Delhi are as follows:

Freedom 1699(Airtel/DL/FL/009) - 1 Mbps - 1700
Freedom 2999(Airtel/DL/FL/016) - 2 Mbps - 3000
Surf 749(Airtel/DL/FL/005) - 256 kbps - 750
Swift 1099(Airtel/DL/FL/006) - 512 kbps - 1100
Turbo 1299(Airtel/DL/FL/007) - 512 kbps - 1300

well your edit further proves my point only one of 5 most common plans is 256kbps ..and yes people do use plans in kbps but I only stated 256 as an outdated concept 512 offcourse lot of people use ..I hope u realize 512kbps is double 256kbps so there is a lot of diff.. thereby I say 256kbps is an outdated concept

Last edited:
Well for high speed you need to pay the price though I dont think someone earning around 20000 a month would really care for playing cricket online.. besides my point of mentioning the speed is that other than Paris:sarcasm a lot of places in India do have 16mbps available

aa

Which plan do you use ? In addition to that do you even have an original copy of the game ?

You must be talking about

Im on Freedom 1699 which comes to 35$ for 1mbps with unlimited downloading cap.

Talking of Velocity 2999 or 4999, they are too expensive for a home user . I mean who pays 105$ a month for 16mbps with a download cap of 100GB ( which could theoretically be exhausted in roughly 14 hours of downloading .

As far as 17$ of 16mbps is concerned , a download cap of 5/10 GB is not what im looking for.

In Metros, people can actually go and buy the game from a shop , where its freely available. The online purchase part is the only avenue for smaller towns & they aint too comfortable about it .

Well 14 hours of downloading on16mbps is equivalent to 224 hours on 1 mbps im sure you would not be downloading stuff for so much time.. plus in 16mbps I use appletv, PS3 and 4 laptops and still the total limit never crosses 60gbs for month...

off course there is a price to it which it would be in all parts of the world I was just mentioning that 16mbps is also available for those ready to pay the price which now alot of people r ..

The 17$ is for 2mbps for 8GB but I think the plan was discontinued this month but u still can get it under internet access for business which is good enough for PS3 and songs downloads but if your into pirated movies then I am not sure..

Anyways the point was not to start an argument but just to point out that stating higher speeds than 256kbps in India are rare would be inaccurate as speeds upto 16mbps are available and very popular with 512kbps or 1 mbps being the most used :)

lilas11 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Which plan do you use ? In addition to that do you even have an original copy of the game ?

Yeah I am on PS3 using 16mbps

Last edited:
Any news about the final patch? When it'll be available on Steam?

I have to admit mate the patch seems unlikely now and yess!! cant wait to play on my elite on thursday with mw2.

Shame you went with the ps3 cause i have played both and both are very good but if your a big online gamer as i think you are as your number 1 on ashes cricket 2009 i know i had ago in past but that was just one game that you quit on me and your number 1 at the end of the day so... but you should have got another new 360 as online system is much much better. I also was begining to give up on xbox 360 untill i heard about this new chip so thought id give it ago sooo..... shame really could have played with you online some time.

I have to agree with you now. I got the slim PS3 and the PS3 version of this game. It is crap on PS3. There is no true ranking system on the "stats" screen. I can not even view my own stats. It sucks. Number 1 ranking is according to how many matches you have played, number of runs scored, wickets taken etc. It sux. There is no way to judge a player's skills.

Buying the Elite MW2 special version today. Back to Xbox, a lot more fun.

I have enjoyed the Unchartered 2 on the PS3 so no regrets. I will keep it for special games and as a great media player.

Any news about the final patch? When it'll be available on Steam?

maybe in 12 months lol they will sell us the patched version & call it 2010 cricket :mad: If we dont get a patch thats what codies will do i reakon & make heaps more $$$$ & its funny how ashes is only directX9 when microsoft have released DirectX11 Really ashes a XP game not really for vista(directX10) or windows 7 (directX11)

sorry i just upset about the patch crap & it all comes down to $$$$

codies really should start again & make a directX10 cricket - DirectX9 is to old

its just lazy gaming development

:noway
There is no true ranking system on the "stats" screen. I can not even view my own stats. It sucks. Number 1 ranking is according to how many matches you have played, number of runs scored, wickets taken etc. It sux. There is no way to judge a player's skills.

I guess playing for the love of the game is a concept lost to you, no surprise there. :noway

No I love the game but it is nice to be rewared for your efforts. I was so spoiled by the ranking system in Xbox 360. I sold mine PS3 version on ebay at half the cost today and back to playing the Xbox 360 version.

Why the hell the ranking system in PS3 so different to Xbox 360? Is "True Skills" trade mark of Microsoft?

The game was designed for XBOX360 and then ported onto ps3 and PC. That is why there are more features on the XBOX version. There is no ingame chat in the ps3 version and your opponenets do not even show up in the "people met" list.

One good thing about the ps3 version is that more people play it than any other version. I can get a match no problem , unlike PC and XBOX where I hear people complaining constatnly about no one being online.

That is probably true. I did notice that I got a match up straight away. Even the game ran slightly differently than Xbox, lag was less of any issue. It ran smoother than Xbox 360 IMO. Pitty about the ranking system.

Screw the ranking system man, no one pays any attention to it on ps3. I could not care less for ranking systems to begin with, just want my own bowling and batting stats.

Whats your PSN?

My PS3 disc is sold now on eBay, I will see how I go with Xbox 360, I have not played for a while now. If less people are playing now then I might buy PS3 disc again (Even though I don't feel like spending more money on game where I know there will be no patch released).

Strangely there were a number of people who quit on me when losing, I don't see why they should on PS3 as it is not going to impact so much on your true skill level or ranking.

Last edited:
Just killing time till the patch gets here, might be collecting my social security by then.

Please, Codemasters, if you are reading this, please please please release the patch. I know I got the game for free (thank you Planetcricket), but I will hopefully get the PS3 over winter break. My interest in cricket will no doubt be at a high during that period and I would really love to play a realistic cricket game, offline. I know it's getting old and tedious now, but I can't tell you how much I want to play a decent cricket game and by the sound of the reviews of this patch, it certainly sounds like AC09 has come so very close. Don't stop when you are so close...

Users who are viewing this thread