Ashes Cricket 2013 Cancelled

Well that was then the shortest timespan for a game

Just remember that whatever you may think of Mike Fegan there are plenty of people working at Trickstar who may now lose their jobs. This may be good news for consumer power but it's bad news for the Aussie games industry and for for cricket.

So people who bought Ashes get Cricket Heroes and a full refund. I almost wish I bought it now.:D

Me too!

Top bloke for handing out cricket heroes for free.

With the refund money you could go buy Cricket Coach 14 (Cricket Coach 2014 | Cricket Coach 2014) and then have a great arcade game and a great simulation.

----------

Just remember that whatever you may think of Mike Fegan there are plenty of people working at Trickstar who may now lose their jobs. This may be good news for consumer power but it's bad news for the Aussie games industry and for for cricket.

No one wishes job loss on anyone, including Fegan, but shite companies cannot survive purely for the purpose of employment.

I do pity the poor programmers and artists who were told "You know all of that work we did on previous games? Yeah, well we are going to scrap those and you can start from scratch"

I feel sad for 505, but thats more because of I am a soft-hearted person and forgive people easily. In the end, 505 indeed did "the brave thing" as Ross wanted them to. There couldn't be better news for us. DBC14 coming out this year! :yes

Hate to speculate but we might see release date announcement and trailer tomorrow from BigAnt given the fact that Ross said "It is unlikely there will be any news on Friday" and not "We are not making any announcement this Friday". Bring it on! :yes

Thank god that this game has been cancelled.

I am very sure that this has happened because this community has highlighted the huge bugs in the game and also managed to get mainstream media to pick this story up. If this had not happened we would have seen it released on consoles etc.

Trickstar are at fault for making this game but the ultimate error has been by 505 games, they are the ones who took the decision to release it. They will have seen that this game was not fit for release but still went ahead and did

It is a sad day for cricket games, this will harm the market as the casual gamer will just say all cricket games are poor.

I feel sad for 505, but thats more because of I am a soft-hearted person and forgive people easily. In the end, 505 indeed did "the brave thing" as Ross wanted them to. There couldn't be better news for us. DBC14 coming out this year! :yes

Hate to speculate but we might see release date announcement and trailer tomorrow from BigAnt given the fact that Ross said "It is unlikely there will be any news on Friday" and not "We are not making any announcement this Friday". Bring it on! :yes

Everything 505 did was brave up until the point they released it, despite it being not even close to a sellable state. Cancelling the game and offering full refunds is the bare minimum now.

That statement from 505 definitely told people who was to blame.

I do wonder how much input came from the licence holders in getting it canned.

Would be curious to hear Ross's take on it. And not just a DB14 perspective. Although, he might be making important calls as we speak.

Wow! cant express how happy I am, finally!!! I was waiting for the news since I got here at work, Justice is served on a silver platter

And where is Ross and Chief, I smell a rat,,,didn't Chief have anything to do with lost files to the build with Ross being the Mafia behind it? :lol:lol

*kidding though*

Maybe some of them would be employed by Ross and would get to work in an environment where they can truly do justice to their potential.

Common sense has prevailed. I fear what would have happened if this had gone to retail stores and people would have chosen this over Bradman.

Absolutely a proud day to be a PC.net member, this would not have happened if we didn't spread the word, stand up be counted and say enough. ZERO sympathy for 505 and Trickstar, they lied to us, the consumers and fans for months and tried to get away with it...

Cricket deserves better. We deserve better.

Well done, all.

Absolutely fantastic News , now all we need to hear are the Professionally done PR campaign with HD Trailers for DBC14 running from next week for say ten days , just in time for a release before christmass.

PS. I do hope that this Steam only release was so low key to the most cricket loving gamers , that half of them didnt even know about it till after it got pulled back in.

this whole event of delaying the game release and then developer (Trickstar people) went missing from social websites and now not even half cooked game release ..this all sounds to me as "FRAUD".. I read some where from Mike Fegan FB profile that he has left Trickstar ?

what happened in last 1.5 year of game production only GOD knows.

But all well that ends well..people getting refund and producer stopping further selling of this crap..

BIG ANT : PLEASE for god sake, release DBC14 now ?

Dug up Mike Fegan's LinkedIn Profile.

It still says he is employed at Trickstar and the most recent recommendation for him was November 23 2012. Although that might be just not have been updated in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread