Ashes Cricket 2013 E3 Game impressions

They confirmed it on twitter as well

Even if this game is ever released it will b a disaster. Chief did not have a clue himself since day one and todays news confirms 505 are a waste of time... BIG ANT all the way!

Ashes Cricket officials confirmed it on twitter now that delay is until July lmao.

Never had any expectations so not surprised :p

More great news for ashes bomb 201-,:( p.s Think about this, if bigant was not release a cricket game where would we be right now.:facepalm

----------

Maybe they should just have some guts and delay the game till dec this year to work on a game that needs a hell of a lot of work, then bigant can have all the market now.:thumbs

Time to update AC2009 squads!!!

Steve S.

I wonder what that english player (woakes or something) found in that game at the lords press event that made his face light up like that while playing......

The money he was gonna get for being there.

Ashes Cricket officials confirmed it on twitter now that delay is until July lmao.

Never had any expectations so not surprised :p

You are right maybe i was expecting too much. I feel whatever they do now the game will at best be average like the last ashes09 and ic2010 and we wil maybe buy it to play untill big ant 14 comes out!

More info from Sam:

Well ok. The match being played was at Lords. The character models looked really stiff, very limited animations, lots of rough edges and the lighting and textures looked like a PS2 game.

The least you would expect from a cricket game in 2013 is for a shot to be accompanied by the appropriate stroke animation, but it seemed all over the place. Like the animation would be for a front foot, open-faced defensive block to a delivery outside off stump and the ball would speed to the boundary on the on side. Then there was the fielding.

You'd never actually see the ball travel into the keeper's or fielders's hands or see the keeper move his gloves in place to catch the ball. It was like the keepers hands would stay static and the ball would end up somewhere else and then just teleport into his gloves.

There was a lot of talk about what the devs plan to implement in the game, but the basics that I saw didn't inspire a lot of confidence. They spoke about how this game was designed to also be relevant when The Ashes went to Australia. They would do this by constantly updating the game with new kits, stats, players, rosters, etc. They even talked about how the pitch would deteriorate and how changes in pitch and cloud cover would affect gameplay. They also spoke about dynamic commentary eg commentators would tell you to get a move on if you were behind the required run rate. But the build on show itself didnt have any commentary or maybe the volume was turned all the way down.

Well that should really settle it. It shows they need a lot of time to get the game right but as Sam points out the basic are not there. So any amount of time they may put in, is not guaranteed to make the game any better. As they, you can't polish a turd.

The dev was evasive when asked about the delay at E3, means they knew game was going to be delayed. Maybe they didn't want to accept due to some contractual obligations.

They've been evasive on that for much longer... I think they all have known they're behind for quite some time. How far along the development process we've been TOLD they are and what the reality is... turning out to be two very different things.

ok how do you know that the build they show was not and old build. also this link does not work http://www.indianvideogamer.com/foru...3#entry1699259 so how can we believe you. stop judging a game by its cover and wait to we see gameplay or when its comes out then we can talk about it.

this is about your post.

ambar_hitman

ambar_hitman is quoting Sam from IVG who has had a look at the game at the E3. It isn't judging the game by its cover IMO.

Wait.... so you're telling me a guy with the username badb0y9124 got it wrong?!

This is what shocked looks like...

I liked your default Biggs and the Role does match lmao:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread