Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hi Hamza, I checked with the guys this morning and there over 220 bowling animations ion the game and well over 3,000 total in the game. We are now working hard to get everything turned on in the console versions to take full advantage of all the HD assets we have built over the last 18 months.

I think the term 'bowling animations' is a bit misleading. What people wanted to know is how many different bowling actions feature in the game? I assume 220 animations include things like celebration, appealing, run-up etc. as well along with the actual bowling action. So how many bowling actions are actually there? Not that it is too important to know for me, but that's what the folks wanted to ask :)

Well all i can say i am an big fan of ashes 2013 simply because it's licensed.i have followed chief ever since he entered planet cricket,but he disappoints hope you and your team produce an decent cricket game where we can play ashes when it's happening in oz.

People simulated bowling because it was just plain boring....that was the main issue!! Aim the reticule and time the meter. Is that bowling?

Well we have seen sports games from both the developers in the past. One has been praised for their AI while the other never cracked it. Also with BigAnt's gameplay mechanics, the difficulty and randomness does not arise from AI and cheating in the game, while AC13 using the same old bowling/batting system ensures that they would need to get the AI to cheat to increase the difficulty levels + randomness as the whole game is just scripted.

----------

I have heard you say the coming 12 weeks for the last 3 days now.....so it would be nice if you could tell us from when you plan to start giving out the info?

Hi Angad, Just to clarify we have a brand new batting & bowling system in AC2013 that have yet to be outlined and your current assumption is incorrect. My weekly plan over the next 12 weeks starting from 5/8 is to give you an update at the start of the week on priorities for the week ahead, mid week a update or outline on a specific feature/part of the game and a general round up of WIP by the end of the week.

----------

I think the term 'bowling animations' is a bit misleading. What people wanted to know is how many different bowling actions feature in the game? I assume 220 animations include things like celebration, appealing, run-up etc. as well along with the actual bowling action. So how many bowling actions are actually there? Not that it is too important to know for me, but that's what the folks wanted to ask :)

Hi Pat, You are spot on! I will outline the bowling system over coming weeks with all the other good stuff too.

----------

Well all i can say i am an big fan of ashes 2013 simply because it's licensed.i have followed chief ever since he entered planet cricket,but he disappoints hope you and your team produce an decent cricket game where we can play ashes when it's happening in oz.

Thanks for keeping the faith!

Probably missed this Mike :)

Hi Mike, since you are also answering the configuration queries -

Processor - Intel Pentium B950 @ 2.1GHz
I read it somewhere that it also beats the the first gen i3 processor in some areas. But I think mine is based on Dual Core.(?)
For the graphics, I have Intel HD 6 series (768 mb) something like that. I've run Battlefield BC2 on my laptop, and it wasn't that laggy

Hi Mike, so 2 out of 3 sorted cool.
With short pitch bowling, if I am batting say on hard I should not be apply to play front foot shots to short pitch bowling. Please no drives of the front foot that is as high as my head. PS If your physics engine is near real this time then there should be no problem with this happening.

PS also can you explain how you have sorted the other 2 out this time.
PS I don't fear about my pc, it's a i7 so should be fine.

Probably missed this Mike :)

Hi, I have been looking at your PC configuration and think you OK on your graphics card but your processor is a bit of an unknown so not quite sure. Check back with me next month and I'll take another look at and try to give you a straight answer.

Hi Mike,
I just a quick question about the Overs, In AC09 had to choose overs from 5,10,20,25 etc, so is it going to be same as in AC13?
Cheers!! :)

Hi Mike

Will the issue with stumping in the last game be resolved? i.e. in the last game if you came down the track, missed the ball, and then instantly pressed the button to return to your crease you will always get back before you are stumped regardless. Are the keepers now improved and will sometimes be quick enough to stump you, sometimes drop it, sometimes be too slow, sometimes be real close etc depending on the difficulty of the stumping e.g. if its down the leg side should be harder, to resemble real life situations.

Cheers

Dear Mike:

Any chance of a free copy of the game when/if it comes out? I have waited (in)patiently for over 2 months now and hold your team responsible for me kicking my dog to death when you kept missing release dates.

Also, I went out of my way to post a missing persons report for you on here and in the official Kitchen Sales (sorry Ashes cricket) forum when you disappeared for 2 weeks.

Many thanks

Phineas :p

Last edited:
Mike can u give us a little audio clip of in game commentary?
Please Mike , I think cricket fans here will be pretty much happy.

Hi Mike, so 2 out of 3 sorted cool.
With short pitch bowling, if I am batting say on hard I should not be apply to play front foot shots to short pitch bowling. Please no drives of the front foot that is as high as my head. PS If your physics engine is near real this time then there should be no problem with this happening.

PS also can you explain how you have sorted the other 2 out this time.
PS I don't fear about my pc, it's a i7 so should be fine.

Hi, We have made sure the spinners actually spin the ball this time around and you can change your grip on the ball accordingly. The fielding mechanics are combination of field placement and bowling strategies so we think this will make a big difference over our previous cricket games. As I keep saying all will be revealed in coming weeks as we have 12 weeks together before the AC2013 game is official released.

----------

Hi Mike,
I just a quick question about the Overs, In AC09 had to choose overs from 5,10,20,25 etc, so is it going to be same as in AC13?
Cheers!! :)

It is the same in AC2013 as well.

----------

Dear Mike:

Any chance of a free copy of the game when/if it comes out? I have waited (in)patiently for over 2 months now and hold your team responsible for me kicking my dog to death when you kept missing release dates.

Also, I went out of my way to post a missing persons report for you on here and in the official Kitchen Sales (sorry Ashes cricket) forum when you disappeared for 2 weeks.

Many thanks

Phineas :p

Hi, For free copies you need to talk to our publisher 505 Games as we not involved in the manufacturing side of the business. In my experience it is usually only the Journo's who get free copies but my priority is making a good cricket game you actually want to spend your hand earned cash on!

I didn't know I went missing already I only joined you guys last Friday? Also kitchen sales are slow here and to be honest I wouldn't know where the kitchen is in my house :)

----------

Hmmm....Still not sure but we can run it by the QA guys when they get to PC compatibility testing and stuff late next month so please remind to follow up then.

----------

Mike can u give us a little audio clip of in game commentary?
Please Mike , I think cricket fans here will be pretty much happy.

As previously stated I want to leave the team alone during the month of August as they obviously have a lot to do. We do have a bunch of audio clips already done by David Lloyd, Michael Slater & Mark Nicholas so I'll talk to505 Games about what we can set up for you in the interim but no promises as they are other bigger priorities to contend with and I can't let you guys down again.

Not so much a cricket question but who has responsibility for the official forum? You or 505?
I ask because it does look incredibly unprofessional on there (hence all the kitchen jokes). We're the ones who benefit so I'm not complaining though.

Not so much a cricket question but who has responsibility for the official forum? You or 505?
I ask because it does look incredibly unprofessional on there (hence all the kitchen jokes). We're the ones who benefit so I'm not complaining though.

Officially it is 505 Games but I asked their permission to jump on and talk directly to the guys as I was tired of the misinformation surrounding the AC2013 game and thought it would be best to come on face the music for screwing up and answer the questions. I also want to take the guys on journey over the next 12 weeks so they can gain some insight into being a game developer let's hope I'm not leading down a rocky road :)

Why did big ant cricket game made you have second thoughts on your game and why it was not a natural reaction in first place that your gameplay and features are not good enough? If ba cricket not been around you would have released ac13 21 june with no manual appealing, drs etc. Ba dropped the team career manager mode because it didn't met their own expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread