Ashes Cricket delayed officially

this thread a fake?

Seriously? Unless you want a severe backlash from me then I suggest you don't post that again! :mad

I was told on the phone that lovefilm have the game in stock for the 360, and it will be posted out in time for the 21st. All I have done is create a thread to inform people of what I was told. I plan on making an official complaint about that customer advisor if it indeed is delayed due to wrong information being given.

I plan on making an official complaint about that customer advisor if it indeed is delayed due to wrong information being given.

That's a bit like flushing a toilet because your sink is blocked. The two aren't connected, the customer adviser is only going to know what the computer in front of him says, which may be old or incorrect information based on 505 have been telling everyone...

First of July WTH? :mad

I went on the JB website and noticed they had the release date as the 1st of July. So later on I went into my local store where they said it was not going to be in stock until the 31st of July! :( I also asked EB Games and they were hopeful of June 21st release but they really had no other information.

I've emailed 3 game retailers regarding the release date of the game so hopefully they will get back to me at some point during the day.

This was still the best cricket game ever made. That was literally hours of fun :yes

I see your point... and I raise you Richard Haddlee Limited Over Cricket

pic88606_md.jpg

...sits pride of place ...in my wardrobe somewhere.

I think safe to say it is delayed!!

However i wouldnt worry about dates being stated by retailers all are saying different. No one seems to know!

Ross mentioned August! What a mess!

505 you really are a laughing stock!

Ok I've just spoken to GAME

Hallan says:
I can confirm the release date is still set for 21/06/2013
Hallan says:
If this changes or we receive any more information from the publisher, we will update our website
SpitfiresKent says:
Ok thanks, but can you confirm if you have stock of the game? If the game is due for release on Friday I would expect you guys to have the game in your warehouse ready in time for release day.
SpitfiresKent says:
Could you tell me the publishers current status on the game? have they sent it out to you?
Hallan says:
Unfortunately we do not have information of preorder stock. We are only able to see the stock status after the release date. I apologise for any inconvenience

----

I had sent an email to one of the sellers on Amazon who said they had it "in stock" and they replied saying they actually DO NOT have it in stock. :facepalm

Well I have to say I too am bitterly disappointed with the lack of communication from the publishers or developers.

When the game was announced in September it was heralded as a new opportunity to engage the cricket game community in developing a game they wanted to see.

Hours were spent writing up wish lists, ideas, suggestions as to what we wanted to see in a game.

One by one we were told that these suggestions wouldn't make it into the game, but possibly in future editions.

Countless times we have asked directly whether there would be a delay in the game being released. Never was a clear answer given, always something that let a door remain opened for there later to be said: ah, but what I meant was.........

I do not know whether I can say this so please remove it if inappropriate but I feel particurlarly disappointed in the lack of communication because of the fact that a number of PC members were involved in doing some of the donkey work for the game developers, spending countless hours, literally hours, in certain tasks that I wont go in to further.

To then not receive any information whatsoever about the current situation is a very hard slap in the face I have to say and I cannot deny that it really angers me.

It would have been so very simple, so very simple to keep us in the loop of what is going on. Even if they had placed an embargo on that imformation, which would have been understandable, they could still have told us so that we could judge the situation clearly.

I can only feel that it is all a bit of a sham and that the real motivation is one thing and one thing only.....money. How to make as much money from this as possible.

Amazon still assures me that the game will release on Friday but I am now not holding my breath and to be honest even if it does there will still be massive, massive questions that would need to be answered, which I do not expect, for me to gain my trust in this venture again.

Why oh why does this kind of thing keep happening with cricket games and its fans? Why have we deserved this?

I certainly crave for the day that BA releases their game as that is a game that I genuinely feel is really going to deliver what it talks about and is genuinely interested in the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread