Ashes Cricket delayed officially

How you can say with so surety that the game is not complete?

I would assume that what ross has mentioned and how accurate his predictions are coming, i think it's pretty safe to say that the game is yet to go for platform approval! and Incomplete.

Does "daily builds" sound familiar?

I normally don't post here at all (and for good reason) but I have a very reliable supplier who gets games for me very quickly. He confirms that 505 has delayed this to sometime Mid July. Over and out! :spy

Delays are the part of gaming history and they have been very frequent in recent past. But at least the companies have dignity and respect for customers .They clearly announce the delay and subsequent reason behind it. (ex, rockstar delayed GTA IV)
Most of us are annoyed at the fact that they are clearly ignoring us and disrespecting us. They think that PC is a smaller portion of their market thus it wont affect their sales. I guess they have not heard about something called " Word of mouth marketing" which if done by someone reputable is far more effective than those thousand dollar tv spots.

Last edited:
If a company like Ea Sports can pull back a game, then I do not see why 505 can't do it.

EA can afford to, not so 505 Games I would think.

Anyhow at the moment 505 Games' attitude is like a big player (EA fter SIM City comes to mind) with all the customer focus of a fly-by-night operator.

If a company like Ea Sports can pull back a game, then I do not see why 505 can't do it.

EA did it over a month for release and said "Hey, its our fault!". Also, NBA Live isn't the only licenced basketball game... 505/Trickstar are smaller companies, and this game is apparently getting lots of pre-orders; they have less money to pay the ECB/Cricket Australia the fine for not releasing something. They're much more likely to release an awful game if it will get them money... Not that it will necessarily be a bad game, but it doesn't really bode well...

e: ninja'd

I wouldn't read anything into dates now on sellers...

Exactly. We know about as much about when Cricket14 is going to be released as we do Ashes Cricket at this point...

Ashes 13 delayed: Confirmed Officially

Earlier today,I sent an email regarding the confirmation of release date .This is what they wrote in reply to me.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 505 Games Technical Support.

I'm afraid it would seem like the game will be delayed.
The information we have available for us here is that it has been pushed to the beginning of July 2013.
Unfortunately, we do not have any more information on this at the moment.

Best Regards,
Michael D.
505 Games Technical Support

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 44
Play.com... ha ha; their release dates are a joke. Years before it was even announced in the shape of Elite Dangerous, they had Elite IV up for pre order...

:yes:yes

Another prime example of why you should never pre-order games, you can't trust developers and publishers in this industry, no matter who they are.

It's not official until 505 actually make an announcement or do a press release.

Well they have already broken the "announcing the delay closest to the release date" record. I think they are going for the double by announcing the delay on the actual release day :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread