Ashes Cricket delayed until November

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very good it is delayed! My pre-order was cancelled a long ago though. :wave

But then you will miss out on your official Ashes companion book, giving you all the information you need on a competition that will be at least three quarters finished by the time the game is out.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
It was quite unfortunate that Ashes Cricket 13 couldn't pull off to a full production. I strongly believe that competition is very important in the market to have valuable products. I don't know the reasons but to my observation of seeing the unfinished gameplay footages of AC 13. It looked that a great game hidden inside had it been polished and completed.

Big Ant deserves a huge credit to keep cricket sports game alive in the form of DBC and Ashes but my major concern is still there that the real-time match atmosphere (Which BLC achieved in 99 by Codemasters) is the core of the game which is still missing in Big Ant cricket games as well as the batting animations are still unrealistic. Had it been another game in competition with them, You would be seeing DBC series to a whole new different level perhaps..

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was quite unfortunate that Ashes Cricket 13 couldn't pull off to a full production. I strongly believe that competition is very important in the market to have valuable products. I don't know the reasons but to my observation of seeing the unfinished gameplay footages of AC 13. It looked that a great game hidden inside had it been polished and completed.

Big Ant deserves a huge credit to keep cricket sports game alive in the form of DBC and Ashes but my major concern is still there that the real-time match atmosphere (Which BLC achieved in 99 by Codemasters) is the core of the game which is still missing in Big Ant cricket games as well as the batting animations are still unrealistic. Had it been another game in competition with them, You would be seeing DBC series to a whole new different level perhaps..

Stop trying to resurrect the ghost of Mike Fegan. Legend has it that the game came with his ghost when you installed it. Turned the players into zombies and made them run in circles. Why else do you think the game had such a large file size?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Stop trying to resurrect the ghost of Mike Fegan. Legend has it that the game came with his ghost when you installed it. Turned the players into zombies and made them run in circles. Why else do you think the game had such a large file size?

Put the technicalities aside, If a studio suffered with financial hurdles it doesn't mean they didn't know how to create a cricket game. Do you remember your Ashes 09 Online User ID? I am assuming that you must be an addictive Ashes 09 players when you didn't have a single good cricket game. Give the credit where its due.

I already said Big Ant is doing a great job of making Sports Cricket Game alive, but they need to do a lot better instead of just milking DBC 14 success.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC 14 was a solid start but I only started putting hours in to the game after the Fearsome Tweak mod was released. They should have just built on the foundation instead of overhauling the mechanics. DBC 17 was a disaster, the inability to record earned stats was an absolute game breaker for me. Ashes 18 is wonderful game visually, the gameplay is decent too and will be better with a few tweaks that is if they are any.

Users who are viewing this thread