Ashes Cricket described - part 4

Chief probably can't say anything (NDA) so has decided to take some time away from the forums rather than get asked questions he's not allowed to answer. I'd do the same thing if I was him!

it's not really a question of what he can say now... it's a question of what he said then, which appears entirely unrelated to the game released.

Honestly? I think 505 had the ambition for the project and got stuck with the absolute wrong team to complete that vision, that's not to say 505 is totally blameless, but I think it's going to be a long time before we [the public] understand what the hell has gone on here. I think Barmy most of all probably feels let down because he's had the inside track on these guys for quite some time and has clearly been lied to on numerous occasions...

Never mind
the "Video Diary" junk from Mike, the "WIP" updates and other miscellaneous weirdness which now lives in infamy on PlanetCricket and the Facebook group for the game. It's all so incredibly unprofessional and it's been a really slow slide downhill but if you look back to about 6 - 7 months ago when Chief left the project, that's where everything started to fall apart.

I think, maybe, he saw the writing on the wall and got outta dodge.

But I don't think we'll ever know the truth.

It would take a huge pair to show up now and start answering questions and lets face it, none of these guys that we've interacted with would do that. They've all been reasonably weak-sauce.

Chief has been ever present on here for the last month or so I've noticed but strangely enough ever since the game was released he seems to have performed his disappearing act.

Coincidence?

What I would like know, is the game we see now the same as what he was seeing earlier on in the year.

Can you blame him, the worse cricket game ever got released and makes Duke forever look like it was made by the gods.:yes

@BD - I can't answer that yet as not played the game or seen the gameplay vids. Will give my opinion once I get back home.

God Barmy you have not played Buggy cricket 2013 yet.:p
Please get yourself some toilet paper because you are going to need it.:D

Maybe Colin never will. I remember he boycotted Cricket 2005.

play Cricket Unlimited Form Google play store hundurd times Better then this crap ....

Honestly? I think Barmy most of all probably feels let down because he's had the inside track on these guys for quite some time and has clearly been lied to on numerous occasions...

You're not seriously suggesting that Barmy's been lied too - I mean I have some recollection of suggesting that once or twice a little while ago myself :p

Far be it from me to yet anoint you once more with "getting it" but I'm not sure I have a mechanism for retroactively placing that on your previous statements? 'This guy got it' doesn't quite have the same ring to it... I digress, yes... it seems you have been on point with this whole thing for quite some time yet the scope of actually how bad the thing is still astounds me, I mean, to not have the basics of "Player X took the wicket and gets credited on the scorecard" cannot POSSIBLY have been missed in testing the game, surely? For a CRICKET game to be awarding wickets to the player that effected the dismissal, not the bowler is something that SURELY can't have been missed by these muppets... but it HAS been.

Honesty as a bit of a "teach yourself programming" exercise back when I was 12 I made a cricket sim. It had 10% the complexity of say Cricket Coach but at least the laws of cricket were correct. The wicket went to the BOWLER, not the CATCHER, for example.

The fact that a large group of TRAINED programmers with a fairly significant BUDGET allowed such basics to be done incorrectly is mind-boggling.

Users who are viewing this thread