Review The complete ultimate expert review of Ashes Cricket 2013(PC)

007avenger007

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The following review is only the representation of my opinions and impressions of Ashes Cricket 2013 on the PC. It is not meant to offend any person, thing, animal, organization, community, gang or video-game character.

Finally, after years of anticipation and excitement, Ashes Cricket 2013 finally released on November 22, 2013 on Steam for the PC version and - according to many source - has broken the record of most sales of ANY other cricket game in gaming history!

I won't waste any more of your time and get straight to my first impression.

Main-Menu
Launching the game will automatically send chills down your spine to prepare you for the wild ride ahead. The game loads up and you are then brought to the - dare I say - worst aspect of the game i.e. the main-menu. The background music is irritating at best and the sound effects are unsettling. The U.I. in my opinion is extremely ugly and all this surely hurts the game.
There are not many video settings in the game, meaning people with old, low-end PCs will not be able to lower the details of the graphics. I find this an excellent move as anyone with a low-end PC shouldn't even have bought it in the first place. The game rightfully makes a statement of transforming gaming to the next generation.
3/5

Teams & Roster
I get to the team selection and think that since this is ASHES Cricket 13, who cares about the teams other than England and Australia. Also, I assume the roster is obviously perfect so I don't even touch that.
10/10

Graphics

Graphics don't get any better than this. The match starts and you are brought to the stadium. The whole environment is extremely photorealistic. And I don't even have enough words in my vocabulary to describe the player models. They definitely get you questioning reality.
10/10

Gameplay & Animation

The animations are slow, smooth and relaxing. The in-game physics is even better than real life physics which has all that thermodynamics and sh**. The game makes you wish that real life cricket was as "totally realistic" as this game.

The gameplay ratings are divided into batting and bowling.
Batting: Batting is revolutionary. Controller or keyboard, the batting experience is absolutely, "totally realistic" and not to mention fun. Getting the hang of how the timing works shouldn't take much time unless you're a f***in' noob and once you get the hang of it, the spectacular A.I. bowling keeps giving you never-ending challenges, thus, always making batting in this game extremely fun and "totally realistic".
Pulling out well-timed shots will leave the opponent fielders in such awe that they wouldn't even be able to move and grab the ball a few meters away, thus, giving you easy boundaries. This adds to the realism of the game and shows how the revamped A.I. fielding has proven to be the epitome of "totally realistic gameplay".
All in all, the batting in this game definitely delivers, therefore
10/10

Fielding: The game implements a new breathtaking style of bowling for this game that was never seen before. Instead of the cliched donut shaped marker used for the placement of the ball, the player now selects line and length separately. Now that's realism!
There isn't really much more to say on top of that. Spin bowling and fast bowling aren't really different since the game eases your pain and does most of the bowling for you, making it the much more fun.
The manual appeal is also a new feature to Cricket gaming and Ashes Cricket 13 is the first game to implement it, again, proving that it is superior to DBC 14 which will be the second game to feature it. Trickstar-1 BigAnt-0.
The game has officially licensed hawk-eye system which provides excellent view of the ball and adds to the "totally realistic gameplay"
The fielding is awesome. Period.
10/10

So overall the game is a perfect cricket simulation that will go down ages as one of the greatest games ever developed such as "E.T. Extra the Terrestrial" or "Big Rigs Road Racing" and many other greats. The game also includes funny easter eggs e.g. the ball suddenly disappearing and fielders randomly spinning.
The game is so awesome that I wouldn't even recommend playing it for more than 30 mins as the awesomeness and "totally reallistic gameplay" will start to melt your brain-cells.
Cricket doesn't get better than this...
Suck it BigAnt...

43/45

Have fun:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love the 'I don't give a f***' attitude of the bowler during his runup, he knows there is no need to run in hard in a $20 game!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Laughed to the core while reading this, yes this review is relaxing like the game. ;)

Only game with sense of humor is AC13!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If only they'd devoted more time to the menus they could have completely nailed it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What a load of bull and a waste of a thread please close ..

sarcasm.jpg

ZealousDamsel

School Cricketer
This review made me purchase the game, and I don't regret it one bit. Those menus are so sublime I can't bring myself to even try the game for fear my brain might be unable to handle such a sensory overload.

Users who are viewing this thread