Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...you know it's a classic of the genre.

For all the wrong reasons. It's a huge shit on the fanbase as well, because now we're the laughing stock for wanting a good cricket simulation, because there's "never" been a good one (according to the unwashed masses) and folks here who love, respect and enjoy these games look mad for ever expecting we'd get something decent.

Such a huge rubber fist to the game developers, young fans here who just want to play their favorite sport at home with friends.

The longer this drags on the worse it gets for everyone...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
"it's a swindle"

attachment.php

One for Transformers fans...

Attachments

• Trickstaricons.png
    Trickstaricons.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 90

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
For all the wrong reasons. It's a huge shit on the fanbase as well, because now we're the laughing stock for wanting a good cricket simulation, because there's "never" been a good one (according to the unwashed masses) and folks here who love, respect and enjoy these games look mad for ever expecting we'd get something decent.

Such a huge rubber fist to the game developers, young fans here who just want to play their favorite sport at home with friends.

The longer this drags on the worse it gets for everyone...

I agree with this important point. It degrades the whole cricket game pursuit. I am not as praising of the previous games as you are, but after significant modding some are fun and playable.

It also degrades even the act of trying. Cricket SHOULD be a simpler game to simulate accurately than any of the football codes, because it is static in nature. To make it fun, is another thing, but at least realism should be achievable to a certain extent and I dare say that for the cricket geeks on here that would be fun!

----------

They were definitely playing it although there were two players which takes out the AI element.

Except for, you know, the half of the game which is fielding ;)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That is true and there weren't any massive over-throws or noticeable glitches.

Edit: I'm informed that the demo at Lord's was actually 1 player v AI.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is true and there weren't any massive over-throws or noticeable glitches.

Edit: I'm informed that the demo at Lord's was actually 1 player v AI.

Or was it a well rehearsed video :spy

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It was a different game, strange though that sounds. Obviously only a window into it but every video I've seen on youtube has had obvious and noticable glitches and been unplayable. This was not.
Wish we'd been allowed video.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
When you say it was definitely played, what is that based on? Because surely it couldn't be impossible to stage? That is rehearse as Ross says. Unless someone you definitely know wasn't a shill said "bowl a googly" and they did - or something else they couldn't prepare in advance - how do you know it was actually played?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've actually got the audio recording and sometimes Jamie would be wanting to show something but it would take more than one attempt for Ravi to play the shot or access the menu Jamie wanted. 100% not staged.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Barmy were there replays & cutscenes?

Users who are viewing this thread