Ashes Cricket Gameplay Sneakpeek

I don't even know why I pre-ordered this, was gonna get both but always supported big ants product. I hope I can cancel after seeing this, :facepalm

I think ASHES Cricket 2009 has much greater sales. why ea had not seen their sales?
Since now there has been a massive increase in cricket's popularity.

On holiday complaining about poor internet access. Spotted him on twitter this morning.

Ahhh, that's what they all call it, a "holiday"

At first glance, I thought it was poorly animated gif made by some user from the screenshots available. I don't know why but I am not even surprised.

One thing I don't understand is How could any developer make worse game than their previous one? Apart from outfield and pitch, everything was done better, at least a lot better than this game. Be it 3D modelling, stadiums and heck even animations (I never thought I would praise AC09 animations!). If AC09 was also built from scratch then how come they couldn't repeat (not even talking about better here) something they did before?

If any developer can do worse animations than Trickstar in 2013, it's Trickstar itself :facepalm

Does anyone know how old the clip is or at what stage of development was it made?

Does anyone know how old the clip is or at what stage of development was it made?

Some believe it dates back thousands of years to a time before man. Theories have been tossed around but the most common theory was that of Edward Mcstarchfielf who believe it was developed by the french in WW2. Nobody really knows

I really really wonder if the game will even come out, because clearly they are not going forward, if this is the best they can do now at this time then that is very poor, it is sad to think and say but I think Trickstar is in real trouble as they started with this project and now they are clearly in over their heads, and the end result might be closure as I can't see this product being a success.

I bet Ross and Bigant are hiding under there beds with this amazing looking game.:p PS Looks like ic2010 but looks early, need to see more.

One thing I don't understand is How could any developer make worse game than their previous one? Apart from outfield and pitch, everything was done better, at least a lot better than this game. Be it 3D modelling, stadiums and heck even animations (I never thought I would praise AC09 animations!). If AC09 was also built from scratch then how come they couldn't repeat (not even talking about better here) something they did before?
Well it might well come down to their choice of the Unity engine. AC09 used its own in house engine (with 'middleware' before I'm pinged for calling anything 'from scratch'), which while it may have had issues of its own, but at least was designed with current-gen consoles in mind, unlike the more portable/'app' focused Unity engine.

I found this a while ago as one of the few Unity sports games out and was hesitant to mention it because Unity is just a development framework and with more investment in the game assets it's hard to know how limiting it is on the end result - but Unity is undoubtedly normally associated with smaller indie games - here's a forum thread for trying to find the best looking of them, but they all to me fall well behind what the average is for better games, with very few being major console releases.

I have seen a game that has had its graphical engine swapped and relatively minor changes in texturing and things come out to look totally different in appearance to what it was based on, so it's one of those potential weak links.

What's the fuss about graphics?I wonder what happened to 'wedontcareaboutgraphics' ideology.

What's the fuss about graphics?I wonder what happened to 'wedontcareaboutgraphics' ideology.

We are critisising more the animations, which are very important and affect gameplay. The graphics too are rubbish, but if they are that bad but with good gameplay, we don't care.

Graphics matter to the extent they need to be passable - otherwise people would never have stopped playing BLC 99. Being clearly better than games made 4 years ago is something we should be able to expect.

If you start from behind on graphics, then you have to make it up in features and other areas of the game - AC13 is barely on par with its predecessors for features, so looking good was one of the last areas they could have closed the gap. Innovative gameplay remains to be tested, but not having any form of fielding kicks that chance down the stairs.

When we had just one game, or back when you had to decide based on whether you had a Nintendo or a Sega, sure there was the argument that you either had to buy because you didn't have a choice if you wanted Cricket or to show there was a market for new games with your tiny contribution to sales figures.

Now you do and there's little reason to give 505 a pass. It's hard not to think they invested it all in the licence and assumed that would carry things without the need to make a good game to back it up. They might well be right, consumers are dumb, but it's not something the cricket games community need to be happy about.

I'd love to be proved wrong - I'd be delighted if I got the game and the line and length bowling was as impressive to me as when it was first explained and have for the graphics to disappear behind gameplay - but at the moment no one outside Trickstar/505 have played it, not a single review copy or hands on - despite inviting the press to both Trickstar and 505 to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread