Ashes Cricket in Asia

The supplies are not yet reached to any of shopping malls in Chennai till now. :mad: They are saying, 90% on Monday! I contacted Landmark again, & they said, since the main supplies are in Delhi & Mumbai, there is delay in reaching Chennai. :facepalm

So, this weekend, I have to spend with that Demo :doh
I had hopes on playing this weekend. :doh hope we get the game before next weekend.:sarcasm

as i said...i had been to lamington this morning....and looked for the game at few places....the game was about to come by 19:00 IST....
so it will be available by monday

as i said...i had been to lamington this morning....and looked for the game at few places....the game was about to come by 19:00 IST....
so it will be available by monday

Mate you should have checked at inorbit and raghuleela instead of going all the way to lamington road. A few of us got the game from raghuleela today itself.

Got my copy for PC from Mehul (Lamington Road in Mumbai)..Off to install it :)

Now that I have played the game for a few hours let me point a few things i m disappointed with

Shot selection
The shot selection is automatic & often choses wrong foot for example on front shoot plays a back foot shot, i got out while defending the ball as the automatic shot chosen was backfoot when it should have been front foot, ball went through below the bat & bowled:facepalm

Running between the wickets
the running between the wickets is beeter than other games but sometimes the player on the field takes time to respond resulting in blunders

problems when AI batting

This may be vague but i have seen when ai plays the shot straight either through mid on or mid off if there is no back up the fielder dont bother to chase & ball whistles pass from them & commentator says great shot, agreed great shot but what are fielders there for:eek:

Throwing

It takes ages for throws to reach you can seriously sneak a run its that late

Apart from that the bugs like AI smashing, Run outs are there, but these are the ones i noticed

We need a solution to these because the game is better than blic 2007 or cricket 2007 but still nit as good as blic 99

its the third best for me

heres myorder
blic 99
blic 2005
ashes 2009

Now that I have played the game for a few hours let me point a few things i m disappointed with

Shot selection
The shot selection is automatic & often choses wrong foot for example on front shoot plays a back foot shot, i got out while defending the ball as the automatic shot chosen was backfoot when it should have been front foot, ball went through below the bat & bowled:facepalm

Running between the wickets
the running between the wickets is beeter than other games but sometimes the player on the field takes time to respond resulting in blunders

problems when AI batting

This may be vague but i have seen when ai plays the shot straight either through mid on or mid off if there is no back up the fielder dont bother to chase & ball whistles pass from them & commentator says great shot, agreed great shot but what are fielders there for:eek:

Throwing

It takes ages for throws to reach you can seriously sneak a run its that late

Apart from that the bugs like AI smashing, Run outs are there, but these are the ones i noticed

We need a solution to these because the game is better than blic 2007 or cricket 2007 but still nit as good as blic 99

its the third best for me

heres myorder
blic 99
blic 2005
ashes 2009

Ever heard of checking out manual for full controls or even bother to play tutorial mode??:facepalm The game has separate buttons for both frontfoot and backfoot shots.

There are buttons to select the end for the thorugh. If you manually select the end, the through would be faster.

Problem is not with the AI, it is with you who is yet to come in terms with new bowling system and hence bowling crap.(and moaning bout it, lol)

Next time read the manual before start bitching bout a game. Seriously dude, i was like WTF:eek: when i first saw your post. If you dont know the controls or you are bowling crap doesnt mean the game is bad. lol

P.S: If i wa a mod i would have banned you for that peace of crap review.;)

Thats the reason why you are not a mod :p

Oops..Late by a minute..But yea, you need to go easy, Angry boy!!

Ever heard of checking out manual for full controls or even bother to play tutorial mode??:facepalm The game has separate buttons for both frontfoot and backfoot shots.

There are buttons to select the end for the thorugh. If you manually select the end, the through would be faster.

Problem is not with the AI, it is with you who is yet to come in terms with new bowling system and hence bowling crap.(and moaning bout it, lol)

Next time read the manual before start bitching bout a game. Seriously dude, i was like WTF:eek: when i first saw your post. If you dont know the controls or you are bowling crap doesnt mean the game is bad. lol

well if you would have read it correctly i said automatic shot selection problem which was there manaually we can solve that but what about the timing taken betwwen throwing the ball & it reaching the stumps, isnt that huge time, havent u noticed that at times ball whistles pass fielder & they are mere spectators.
I honestly like the game but pointed out stuff which i was dissapointed with

well if you would have read it correctly i said automatic shot selection problem which was there manaually we can solve that but what about the timing taken betwwen throwing the ball & it reaching the stumps, isnt that huge time, havent u noticed that at times ball whistles pass fielder & they are mere spectators.
I honestly like the game but pointed out stuff which i was dissapointed with

Nope, you said "Shot selection is automatic which is a problem" not "the automatic shot selection is a problem." Both sentences are entirely different. In first you are implying that shot selection is automatic only and in second you mean the automatic shot selection is a problem but other manual options are ok.
You never mentioned in your first sentence that you tried manual shots. You are just trying to save your skin mate;)
Further you said that their isnt a lot of time to settle before a delivery thaus you use automatic shots. Well, this aint Golf dude, you wont get all the time in the world before every ball.:p

P.S: Whats with he bold letters:D

Nope, you said "Shot selection is automatic which is a problem" not "the automatic shot selection is a problem." Both sentences are entirely different. In first you are implying that shot selection is automatic only and in second you mean the automatic shot selection is a problem but other manual options are ok.
You never mentioned in your first sentence that you tried manual shots. You are just trying to save your skin mate;)
Further you said that their isnt a lot of time to settle before a delivery thaus you use automatic shots. Well, this aint Golf dude, you wont get all the time in the world before every ball.:p

P.S: Whats with he bold letters:D

well you are making them bold i never made disappointed bold & between bold you made it & i fell you are over reacting on a small issue i have made my self quite clear that the automatic shot selection isnt that good if you have ample time you can drag this topic for as long as ypu wnat I am off to playing this game as am yet to master it

well is anyone in mumbai interested in mumbai for an online mumbai my id is devsharma. we can have a 10 over game to check how it is

Users who are viewing this thread