Ashes Cricket PC Released

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
XBOX was ahead of PS4 patch 1.04 was to bring PS4 in line with XBOX, 1.05 was to fix a critical error in 1.04 (ps4)

If I'm not wrong, Xbox version released with that patch but Sony cleared the next patch faster than Microsoft or atleast Sony is faster in general.

runner4life

Club Captain
GTX 750Ti. 8 GB RAM. Intel Dual Core (3.2 GHz). I think my CPU is the bottleneck here but for some reason DBC 14 works very smooth, while DBC 17 doesn't!

Oh dear my friend. Intel Dual Core stopped production in 2011. Your CPU is at least 6 years old minimum. Your GFX card is so outdated. The whole system is a bottle neck.

Your resolution would be 720p just to get a console quality 30fps.

You need to invest in some new equipment.

Pat

International Coach
Oh dear my friend. Intel Dual Core stopped production in 2011. Your CPU is at least 6 years old minimum. Your GFX card is so outdated. The whole system is a bottle neck.

Your resolution would be 720p just to get a console quality 30fps.

You need to invest in some new equipment.

Haha. That is why I use a PS4 and not my PC anymore. I was replying to the guy who asked if DBC 14 ran on his PC, is it a given that Ashes Cricket would work too? And the answer to that is no.

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
This is good news. At least on steam I can get a refund if the game follows the trend of its predecessors and is awful.
I have a powerhouse PC and will be able to run this game at 4K without problem. The only problems may be scaling , poor optimisation and the usual big ant complacency.
Db17 is the worst game in this generation I've ever seen. When I first saw its animations etc I was taken aback at how truly appalling it's looked. Even a ps2 game looked better.
We have no idea what big ant will come up with.
This game has good good reviews by big ant standards. However the user reviews on Amazon paint a different picture with the usual serious bugs that these cricket games have. This is fine as long as they get fixed
Empirically big ant abandon games rather than fix them. Look at the anger on steam discussions about game breaking bugs that big any know about and have absolutely no intention of fixing
At least have I have two hours on steam to get a refund. I'm truly hoping I don't need one.

StormySteve

Club Captain
That's my Christmas set up nicely...beer, food and Ashes Cricket :cheers:aus: vs :eng::arwk:

StormySteve

Club Captain
This is good news. At least on steam I can get a refund if the game follows the trend of its predecessors and is awful.
I have a powerhouse PC and will be able to run this game at 4K without problem. The only problems may be scaling , poor optimisation and the usual big ant complacency.
Db17 is the worst game in this generation I've ever seen. When I first saw its animations etc I was taken aback at how truly appalling it's looked. Even a ps2 game looked better.
We have no idea what big ant will come up with.
This game has good good reviews by big ant standards. However the user reviews on Amazon paint a different picture with the usual serious bugs that these cricket games have. This is fine as long as they get fixed
Empirically big ant abandon games rather than fix them. Look at the anger on steam discussions about game breaking bugs that big any know about and have absolutely no intention of fixing
At least have I have two hours on steam to get a refund. I'm truly hoping I don't need one.

That's a bit harsh dontboycottme... DBC14 was I thought and many others the best cricket game ever released there's not a lot you can't do with it, agreed DBC17 was a step back it had issues but looking at Ashes Cricket, that looks awesome and like it's predecessors it will be supported. If you want the worst cricket game, possibly the worst game period Ashes Cricket 2013 now that was bad, EA's games followed a trend from 2002 to 2007 they were ok but the bugs from 2002 appeared in 2007 and EA Cricket 2004 was awful... remember a lot of issues are also down to PC's specs and not always the publishers ;)

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
GTX 750Ti. 8 GB RAM. Intel Dual Core (3.2 GHz). I think my CPU is the bottleneck here but for some reason DBC 14 works very smooth, while DBC 17 doesn't!
Your graphics card should be okay to run the game since it's something very similar to what the standard PS4 and X1 have. A Pentium G4560 comes for cheap and should be enough for the game, if you're looking to upgrade. The combination would get you similar performance as on consoles(standard PS4/X1) but optimisation of the game on PC has to be good.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Will wait to see the reviews before buying if price is £40+.Still enjoying dbc 17.

I think the reviews will be all positive, except from the online players, if the pc version like in previous games will have an updated version on release.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Just reading through the thread and have noticed a lot of people speaking about it being patched, what is it exactly that needs patching? Thank you!

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
I think the reviews will be all positive, except from the online players, if the pc version like in previous games will have an updated version on release.

Take a look on amazon.co and you will see a familiar set of reviews for the ps4 version. Theres the usual people who would adore the game no matter what and you get more realistic reviews mthat mention ps2 levels graphics and game breaking bugs
This isn't new from big ant games. Saying ashes cricket is the best cricket game ever is maybe true but this is in the context of every other game being pretty awful.
Theres a familair ring to the user reviews that makes me very suspicious of the anything from big ant.
On the official big ant forums, the devs cant be bothered to answer any comments about bugs in the console game. Thats the official big ant forum which says a lot about the company and their attitude to their customers.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Take a look on amazon.co and you will see a familiar set of reviews for the ps4 version. Theres the usual people who would adore the game no matter what and you get more realistic reviews mthat mention ps2 levels graphics and game breaking bugs
This isn't new from big ant games. Saying ashes cricket is the best cricket game ever is maybe true but this is in the context of every other game being pretty awful.
Theres a familair ring to the user reviews that makes me very suspicious of the anything from big ant.
On the official big ant forums, the devs cant be bothered to answer any comments about bugs in the console game. Thats the official big ant forum which says a lot about the company and their attitude to their customers.

685173-cricket-2004-playstation-2-screenshot-there-s-a-nice-animation.jpg

I don't know what games you were playing on PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread