Ashes Cricket PC Released

zuhayr92

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Take a look on amazon.co and you will see a familiar set of reviews for the ps4 version. Theres the usual people who would adore the game no matter what and you get more realistic reviews mthat mention ps2 levels graphics and game breaking bugs
This isn't new from big ant games. Saying ashes cricket is the best cricket game ever is maybe true but this is in the context of every other game being pretty awful.
Theres a familair ring to the user reviews that makes me very suspicious of the anything from big ant.
On the official big ant forums, the devs cant be bothered to answer any comments about bugs in the console game. Thats the official big ant forum which says a lot about the company and their attitude to their customers.

I do not agree with the PS2 graphics but for the price they charge (more than some AAA games) there are a high amount of game breaking bugs. I have over 500 hours played on the previous games on my PC and they are the best cricket games on offer. However, that does not mean that the reviews should be skewed and praise it when there are a lot of significant issues that need to be addressed.

I really hope that Ashes Cricket does not have the same game crashes, save corruptions or random huge CPU draws (an issue I've had with two different computers).

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
when they will visible ashes cricket on steam ?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With just 2 more days to go, I would have loved to have the preload option but having read about it, it seems as if it's not really a good thing as unpacking it on the day of release supposedly takes quite a while.....

Pat

International Coach
What I am most excited about is that the Academy will be accessible to the PC folks meaning easier, faster, better teams / logos / stadiums / player faces. I hope someone like @rajsvm and others can work their magic on the player faces.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
I would have liked a pre load as well, but it shouldn't be too bad on Steam.

Being on the West coast of Canada, when it is the 16th in Australia it is still the 15th for me... wonder if it will become available on my Friday afternoon or if I will have to wait for Saturday lol

eddo_1025

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not sure if this has been asked yet, wondering if anyone knows if the standalone academy will also be released on the 16th?

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this has been asked yet, wondering if anyone knows if the standalone academy will also be released on the 16th?
Big Ant have confirmed on their Facebook page that there isn't a standalone Academy release, disappointingly.

Pat

International Coach

Unfortunately, there is not going to a standalone Academy release on Steam!

eddo_1025

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ah that's a bit disappointing. I'll probably still grab the PC version anyway because it makes logo creation and customisation so much easier. Thanks for the reply.

rajsvm

Associate Captain
Unfortunately, there is not going to a standalone Academy release on Steam!
Disappointed. In truth I don't have money to buy the game. Big ant gave me last two games. Academy is the only hope for me....

Users who are viewing this thread