Ashes on Twitter

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I already have my own supply of dirty sites, I don't need some know-it-all robot coming and telling me where I'm best served having a tug.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
A lot of attention went out to Phillip Hughes' twitter site. So it does help checking these websites, especially for journalists.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australian officials were privately angry that details of the team became public and former Test batsman Dean Jones said Hughes deserved a ‘‘good foot up the backside for that. He's broken a team rule and he's let the opposition know what's happened before the game's started’’.

However, Cricket Australia discovered the Twitter posting was made by Hughes’s coach and manager, Neil D'Costa.

‘‘The information on Twitter was clearly a mishap, I have spoken to the guy who put it up,’’ CA spokesman Peter Young said. ‘‘He was very apologetic and agreed to take it down. Phil Hughes was not aware it had gone up on his behalf. We encourage players to engage with the public and use those channels, but within the process and not before selectors have officially published the team.’’

In defence of the youngster, D’Costa – who was in India when he posted the offending tweet – said the incident was a simple misunderstanding.

‘‘I take full responsibility, it was the time frame that messed me up,’’ D’Costa said. ‘‘I was getting loads of messages from Australia that gave me the impression an official announcement had already been made. There was no malice in it at all. I would never put something out there jeopardising the Australian team’s plans. I’ve got too much respect for the game for that.’’

Watson off to a flyer after Haddin's late withdrawal - Cricket - Sport

Didn't really think about it like mentioned just figured Twitter is becoming the quickest source of information.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know. I did put in the first post that it was fake.
Certainly I find it great for breaking news for both cricket and F1. Not sure why Hooper has a bug up his ass about it.
Because the site is a joke.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
His manager wouldn't have done that. It was Hughes. A manager wouldn't type in txt talk. They're only doing that so he doesn't get criticized in public.
He doesn't follow anyone and it's extremely easy to fake txt speak to appear informal. I didn't believe it was a real account because of that and the admission that it's management-run makes a lot of sense.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I think people should go look at Lily Allen's Twitter for an awesome insight into the Ashes. Trust me, it's quality.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I think people should go look at Lily Allen's Twitter for an awesome insight into the Ashes. Trust me, it's quality.

Definitely. Nice to see Aggers trying his luck as well. :D

Just seen this on Twitpic as well:

21001008.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread