Story Aussie Domestic Season : COUNTY Cricket on ICC

lonie_from_50

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
INTRODUCTION​

I am putting together a story based on All-Australian domestic teams playing their winter over in England. The 6 teams include...Western Warriors, Southern Redbacks, NSW Blues, Victorian Bushrangers, Queensland Bulls and Tasmanian Tigers. Teams to replace will be decided myself through a simple draw out of a hat and also based of teams history. The teams that do get replaced will be merged with other teams.

This will be done on ICC 2002, as an editor has been released and easy to use. Myself will have to control a team and I will certainly be controlling the Victorian Bushrangers, as it is the team I follow, and myself will be included in the game. For the teams, squads will be as of 2005 for county teams, as helped by an updated database found on cricketweb, and the 2005/06 squads (with some exceptions) for the Australian domestic sides.

Feel free to post any opinions and keep this thread running on the tracks...Scorecard's won't be used, like my thread on the Bushrangers (which will now conclude), but summaries of all county championship games will be put up, and summaries of all one-day games only involving Australian teams will be posted.

lonie_from_50

Club Cricketer
TEAM CHANGES​

The teams that have clearly made the cut are:
Hampshire
Kent
Lancashire
Middlesex
Surrey
Yorkshire

The teams that have made the cut but will be merged:
Gloucestershire with Glamorgan
Leicestershire with Derbyshire
Nottinghamshire with Northamptonshire
Somerset with Worcestershire
Sussex with Essex
Warwickshire with Durham

Players as chosen by myself (not a strong knowledge of County players) to continue on are:
Derbyshire: C Bassano, L Sutton
Durham: P Collingwood, S Harmison, J Lewis
Essex: J Foster, D Gough, R Irani, A Tudor, A Cook
Glamorgan: R Croft, M Maynard, M Powell, A Wharf, S Jones
Northamptonshire: U Afzaal, B Phillips, D Sales
Worcsestershire: Kabir Ali, G Batty, G Hick, V Solanki

If any players from the selected teams that aren't chosen to be kept but simply should be, please state them. No international players involved for those teams.

Last edited:

lonie_from_50

Club Cricketer
Just done hours worth of editing, and after saving at multiple checkpoints (but not backing up) another error has come up.

It seems this good idea is becoming a bloody waste of time...more than what it already is...with skoolies coming up over the next weeks, it seems that this will be delayed till further notice, and the continuation is indefinate.

Sorry, i was looking forward to it just as much as you.

Users who are viewing this thread