Aussies Twenty20 uniform (Yuck!)

We've had 4 different shirts this year for ODIs and Twenty20s. That's a bit redicolous. We had that CB shirt for one series. That's absolutely crazy!

And Dean, didn't you see how ugly it looked on TV? Looks disgusting.
The greens will return for home games. As you can see, the girls were wearing that strip only last month. It has yet to be replaced for home series.
77938.gif

Regardless of whether there was a home and away system, there'd still need to be a modified strip for the World Cup. The ICC rule is apparently that no team is allowed to display sponsors names or logos on its kit when playing an ICC match or tournament (although there is evidently some leighway in this). What is clearly different is the replacement of the main sponsor's logo with the team name, the replacement of the upper right quadrant sponsor with the ICC World Cup logo and in Australia's case, the trademark Adidas stripes were lifted from the sides.

The away strip (seen during the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy)
72005.jpg

The World Cup 2007 strip
75148.jpg

Guys, the shirts don't have "Buit in Skins". They are just crappy grey sleeves.
CA's media release says the gold shirt is sleeveless, while the aluminium coloured sleeves belong to a compression layer, namely, an Adidas TechFit Powerweb T-shirt. TechFit is technology meant to assist muscle recovery, while Powerweb employs flexible plastic structures in the clothing to improve muscle output. The basis for compression technology comes from the "fastsuit" or "sharksuit" that is iconic now of swimmers such as Ian Thorpe. Skins are just one of the many brands that has developed their own form of this technology. Considering other kit manufacturers, India are most likely to be the next onboard with this sort of design.

According to Adidas:
In controlled laboratory tests, conducted together with the University of Calgary, an average 5.3 percent improvement in power output and 1.1 percent faster sprint time was measured over 30 meters. Even more impressive, the testers registered a 1.3 percent reduction in oxygen consumption while wearing TechFit with Powerweb - a clear indication that the onset of fatigue is delayed and that performance is enhanced.
Now, they are small numbers, but cricket is as much a game of hanging onto half-chances as any. Technobabble, perhaps, but a five percent improvement in power could be the difference between getting caught and clearing the rope. That's a lot more important than looking pretty (which, for the record, is of alarming important in this thread. Who shaves their arms? :rolleyes: ).

I hate that dark green shirt. I'd rather the traditional green and gold uniform.

We've had 4 different shirts this year for ODIs and Twenty20s. That's a bit redicolous. We had that CB shirt for one series. That's absolutely crazy!

And Dean, didn't you see how ugly it looked on TV? Looks disgusting.
It looks fine to me, it looks quite similar to our other ones, it's plain, yellow and that's all that matters.

from watching the CB series i actually quite liked the dark green kits, i thought they looked good with the gold(?) numbering

I liked the kit Australia wore in the World Cup in 2003. I'm not a huge fan of this new kit, but I think it's better than the one they had for Twenty20 earlier this year.

lol I hope this it Unlucky kit for Aussies :p..

Users who are viewing this thread