Australia in India

No! He is still commentating,going strong

Not sure about that. On the final lunch break (IIRC) of the 2005 Ashes, one of my favourite scenes was Ritchie trying to read out Kasprowitz's statement after his unfortunate dismissal but getting the first few words wrong ("I would have") and then pausing for a couple of seconds before Mark Nicholas took over.

He has lost his touch commentating too, I used to remember a shot being played and Ritchie immediately predicting how many runs it would be, getting it right 100% of the time.

Nah, he is fine. At his age, his legacy and reputation carries him through. In the Aussie summer he just comes in for brief spells because we have so many Channel 9 commentators. So he is fine.

Nah, he is fine. At his age, his legacy and reputation carries him through. In the Aussie summer he just comes in for brief spells because we have so many Channel 9 commentators. So he is fine.

Is he no longer the captain? (You'll have to have seen 12th man to get it).

well i like to hear the commentory of richie benaud,mark taylor,ian healy..sadly..the series is broadcasted by espn star sports in india....we see the same boring team.. bhogle,ravi sasthri ,gavaskar

Ian Chapell is now a part of the ESS commentary team and they have more than a decent commentary team as well.
ESPN do get a few of the commentators from the other networks during the away tours like they got Bumble and Hussain to commentate during the England tour.

I remember getting free audio commentary from Channel 9 on baggygreen.com.au during the 1999 and the 2003 tours. I used to switch that on even while watching the game on TV during those series.

Getting up early in the morning to catch the Australian season always excites me. I enjoy watching games played there.
The whole atmosphere,the commentary and the coverage makes getting up early worthwhile.

Australian tours are awful for those in England. I'll try to stay awake at night, motivating myself by saying it's going to be India's first series win in Australia...

I'm not sure about Karthik as a cricketer. He tries to show off during fielding and often misfields, his batting, well, he's a bits and pieces kind of player. I can't really see him making big tons. Sehwag and Jaffer would be a good combination.

I hope he continues. Since he compares with no one else.

Australian tours are awful for those in England. I'll try to stay awake at night, motivating myself by saying it's going to be India's first series win in Australia...
Don't do it, I stayed up every day for England, first test- oh well it's a shame, we just need to adjust to the conditions. 2nd test- we're playing well, 5th day lets just play out for a nice draw, OMG WTF are we doing!! 3rd,4th and 5th tests why am i watching this? That was one of the most pointless things in my life, well until we absolutely demolished them in the CBS :p

Is he no longer the captain? (You'll have to have seen 12th man to get it).
:laugh I know what you mean, nah, I reckon he has handed it over to Mark Nicholas.

Ian Chapell is now a part of the ESS commentary team and they have more than a decent commentary team as well.
ESPN do get a few of the commentators from the other networks during the away tours like they got Bumble and Hussain to commentate during the England tour.

I remember getting free audio commentary from Channel 9 on baggygreen.com.au during the 1999 and the 2003 tours. I used to switch that on even while watching the game on TV during those series.

Getting up early in the morning to catch the Australian season always excites me. I enjoy watching games played there.
The whole atmosphere,the commentary and the coverage makes getting up early worthwhile.

Yup, nothing beats waking up on a Sunday morning to here the Channel 9 theme song and the sound of Richie's voice struggling through the Mic:p Man, I love Cricket.

Dont make me laugh:cool:

I hope he continues. Since he compares with no one else.
No doubt, Richie knows all, the God of Cricket IMO.
Don't do it, I stayed up every day for England, first test- oh well it's a shame, we just need to adjust to the conditions. 2nd test- we're playing well, 5th day lets just play out for a nice draw, OMG WTF are we doing!! 3rd,4th and 5th tests why am i watching this? That was one of the most pointless things in my life, well until we absolutely demolished them in the CBS :p
Waste of time then eh

:laugh I know what you mean, nah, I reckon he has handed it over to Mark Nicholas.

While we're on the topic, I think that twelfth man's depiction of Nicholas is rather odd, or is that how he is viewed in Australia?

While we're on the topic, I think that twelfth man's depiction of Nicholas is rather odd, or is that how he is viewed in Australia?
Yeah I know, its so crap. I thought Billy Birmingham coulda done a better job then that. Nah, he isnt viewed as a "stud" or a "sexy man". I dont have a clue why he is like that in the last CD.

lol baburao..i wanna hear their commentory during india tour..

richie commenting on sachin batting...sounds good

richie is a legend...

Buy Ea Sports cricket 2007.Trust me you will never want to hear Richie's commentary again.:p

I'm not sure about Karthik as a cricketer. He tries to show off during fielding and often misfields, his batting, well, he's a bits and pieces kind of player. I can't really see him making big tons. Sehwag and Jaffer would be a good combination.

Let's hope he proves you wrong, huh?

He doesn't try to show off, it's just that it's a massive difference when fielding in the outfield when you have been a wicket keeper all your life, a superb one at that.

Lol, we in the US have to do that for every single match India plays, apart from the Windies.
Your turn :D

Users who are viewing this thread