Australia in India

What will be the possible series outcomes?

• India wins 4-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 3-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • India wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Australia wins 1-0,2-1

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Australia wins 2-0,3-1

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 3-0

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Australia wins 4-0

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

msamina

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If only rain had not played havoc in Chennai :p and if only Indian batsmen were in form :p

Reply to this post:

Dream on :rtfl

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry to say this S, but Dravid does not agree with you

""The Australians were deserving winners of the series. They pretty much outplayed us. "

Check this thread http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3985779.stm

Also congrats to the 5 people who got the series prediction right - they are

cricket tiger
mv m99
Sachin_007
squiz
zimrahil :)

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Aussies looked like the deserving winners only after it rained heavily here on the 5th day of the 2nd Test...Suppose had India squared the series there? and the pitch at Mumbai was always going to be what it turned out to be...so it will probably be good enuf to say that it would have been 2-2...but just like Dravid I believe that cutting out all the "had beens" Aussies were far better than India...the team that possesses Michael Clarke, Warne, McGrath, Gillespie and Martyn together and noble man to lead(Gilly) is simply better than anyother team

yeah very few times(26 times in all in 657 tests!) in recallable history have Aussies gone down like this...perhaps last time against India was in 1980-81 when they went down for 83 chasing 120 in Melbourne...Kapil Dev broke their back even though he was suffering from a leg injury...

The last time Aussies went down for less than hundred against any team and lost the match was in 1984-85 against WI at Perth where they scored 76 in first Innings when they were chasing 429(second innings 228)...these stats and the ages that have gone by in repeating them speaks a lot of their ability...Congrats India for winning the consolation...

Last edited:

Rangeela

International Coach
Australia team with the Border-Gavaskar trophy after winning the series 2-1.

vibs89

School Cricketer
I also knew that Rahul Dravid is a way better captain that Gangully now i think BCCI shuld change the Indian captain

theman

Club Cricketer
Now as a great series has ended 2-1 .now we have to wait for 1 year to again see a test series between this two great sides.

Nikhil_Verma

Club Cricketer
I saw on Tv that India and Australia will tour each other after every two years...
So India tours Australia after 2 years....

I may be wrong...

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Nikhil_Verma said:
I saw on Tv that India and Australia will tour each other after every two years...

I may be wrong...

They want to tour each other every 2 years, but that's not official yet. The next scheduled series at the moment is in Australia in 2007.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors

I may be wrong...

Australia is not the place you would want to tour. Yes India had a relatively nice outing in 2003, but that does not mean they will do the same every time. Australia are a tough team to beat anywhere, and especially on their own turf. India, have to improve, and are currently no where near Australia.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
ya , its amazing t se the IND-AUS rivalry becoming so hugely popular all over the world !
The next scheduled sries is for 2007 but i wont be surprised if w hve a tour earlier than that !
IND-AUS cricket is good for the game
BTW , good to see india pull on back , amazing atmosphere at the wankhede !
I would like to ask all of u , how does this win compre with Eden gardens 2001 or even Adelaide 2003 in terms of miracles performed by india ????
Ya , it was all in vain with the series already lost but great morale booster for next week`s platinum jubilee game and also SA tour
?

Users who are viewing this thread