• Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
3rd Test Stumps Day 3

New Zealand 1st Inning 292 (H Marshall 76) (McGrath 3/49, Warne 3/63)
Australia 1st Inning 383 (Ponting 105, Gilchrist 60*) (Franklin 6/119)
New Zealand 2nd Inning 11/2 (McGrath 2/7)

New Zealand trail by 80 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Revise odds after Day 3

Odds:

New Zealand - 20/1
Draw - 7/4
Australia - 2/5

Betting will be open until 28th March at 21:00 GMT.

irottev

School Cricketer
I wouldn't be too sure and cocky about it, theres still a few days left, and batting in the 4th innings won't be easy, all we need is a decent total, so hopefully our senior batsmen step up, you only got 2 noobs.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Australia need 164 to win and are currently 17/0. They shoudl get there easily and I should get a pretty nice payoff on my vBookie! Rain, rain, keep away!

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
McGrath is one wicket away from 500. Yay, Australia win by 9 wickets.

166/1

Langer 59
Ponting 82

squiz

International Coach
irottev said:
I wouldn't be too sure and cocky about it, theres still a few days left, and batting in the 4th innings won't be easy, all we need is a decent total, so hopefully our senior batsmen step up, you only got 2 noobs.
Well there ya go, you lost by 9 wickets :) Punter continues his great form

irottev

School Cricketer
sachin said:
did mcgrath get 500?
Nope, he will bring it up at Lords, which will be much more special, hes on 499.

The best team won, NZ just wasn't strong enough right now to put up a close fight, heres the NZ team for the latest win, apart from Bangladesh, which was against South Africa

MH Richardson (Retired)
MHW Papps (Injured)
*SP Fleming
SB Styris (Injured)
CD McMillan (Dropped after first few tests)
+BB McCullum
CL Cairns (Retired)
JDP Oram (injured)
DL Vettori (Had a back niggle so was sore at times)
DR Tuffey (Poor form, not enough practice after injury)
CS Martin

Only 4 out of the 11 players played Australia. Cairns and Richardson have retired, Styris, Oram, Papps are injured and Tuffey isn't 100% after comming back from injury, and needs more practive under his belt. I'm not making excuses or anything, but to face such an amazingly talented team, you need your most powerful side avaliable fully fit to have any chance.

squiz said:
Well there ya go, you lost by 9 wickets :) Punter continues his great form

I won on the last test - draw. I lost this time, Theres no use backing Australia, you lose points. Of all the tests we could of won this one, I rekon. Unfortonatly it wasn't until we were in real trouble when the inititive was taken to actually put pressure on the aussie bowlers, duh, took us all series. Might of put up a better fight.

but theres no use being sad about it, that Australian side is one of the best ever so to beat it is an extremly hard task, and you need all of your resorces 100% fit to stand any chance let alone them playing well. So congratulations and I look forward to your games against England which I will watch, I'll be cheering for Australia, as good a team as England are, I just can't see them beating such a powerful team, not 1 player is any kind of weakness, all the batsmen are in great form, mabee apart from clarke, but that isn't a problem, 3 bowlers which are in the top 10 list for most wickets taken for Australia. Really your just so lucky to have a great team. They are great to watch, can't wait to see them hammering a different countries bowling attack around, because it was kind of heart-breaking seeing our young bowlers getting such a beating.

For us, I will look forward to the Sri-Lankan test series, which we have a fair shot at. Its stil la shame that such talent can't take part in it, not only for our side, I would of loved to of seen Murili bowl, well mabee, apart from seeing our wickets fall from it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
What do you mean you lose points by backing Australia? Are you talking philosophically or vBookie-wise. Cause if its vBookie then you don't lose points, you just get fewer than a point for each that you bet. And I'm still waiting for the payouts on the bets. :D

Rangeela

International Coach
3rd Test Result

New Zealand 1st Inning 292 (H Marshall 76) (McGrath 3/49, Warne 3/63)
Australia 1st Inning 383 (Ponting 105, Gilchrist 60*) (Franklin 6/119)
New Zealand 2nd Inning 254 (Astle 69) (McGrath 4/40, Warne 4/77)
Australia 2nd Inning 166/1 (Ponting 82*, Langer 59*)

Result: Australia won by 9 wickets

Man of the Match: RT Ponting
Man of the Series: AC Gilchrist

Series: Australia wins the 3-Test series 2-0

_40971933_pontinggilchrist203.jpg

_40971839_aussies270.jpg

059264.1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread