• Australia

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this will be drawn, I don't think ponting declared soon enough. All NZ have to do it bat 96 overs with 10 wickets in hand, and if we get bowled out, if we manage to pass their score by 100 odd then we have to hold them off for a few overs that would also work. Will be interesting.

2nd Test Result

Australia 1st Inning 570/8 declare (Martyn 165, Gilchrist 162) (Franklin 4/128)
New Zealand 1st Inning 244 (Vincent 63) (Kasprowicz 3/42, Warne 3/69)
New Zealand 2nd Inning follow-on 48/3 (McGrath 2/10)

Result: Match drawn

Man of the Match: AC Gilchrist

Series: Australia lead the 3-Test series 1-0

059018.jpg

Wet weather helps NZ survive

If the Kiwi weather wasn't so shocking then we'd have had 219 overs to bowl out NZ. Instead we had 98 overs to get 20 wickets, in which we only got 13. Congrats to Kasper on his 100th test wicket

New Zealand vs Australia - 3rd Test

3rd Test starts on 26th March 2005 at Auckland.

Odds:

New Zealand - 20/1
Draw - 6/4
Australia - 1/2

Betting will be open until 25th March at 21:00 GMT. Bets will be settled when the result of the match is known.

sachin said:
aus is playing the poms next right?australia needs a real challenge!

You won't get a real challenge from England, expect the same whitewash.

If the aussies want a challenge they should play the winner of their provincial tournament, that could probably beat every other team in the world.

irottev said:
You won't get a real challenge from England, expect the same whitewash.

If the aussies want a challenge they should play the winner of their provincial tournament, that could probably beat every other team in the world.
I am confident that England will challenge the Aussies. NZ have shown they are pretty crap in tests, and now they are getting thrashed in ODIs also.

It wont be anything like this when the aussies tour us in the summer.

m_vaughan said:
I am confident that England will challenge the Aussies.
Ah, okay then it will definitely be a competitive series.

Challenge? Maybe England will win a few sessions. I would give them about 5 days--one in each test match. That could put a match in their favor though probably not.

i dont think england can challenge australia. at the current form australia are in they are unstoppable. i expect australia to win the series test series comfertably but i expect england to challenge them in odis

Whoa that is super-slow. Although McGrath had like 20 overs for 10 runs or something like that, at one point. New Zealand are just trying to keep their margin of series loss low.

3rd Test Stumps Day 1

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first

New Zealand 1st Inning 199/5 (H Marshall 76)

Revise odds after Day 1

Odds:

New Zealand - 14/1
Draw - 6/4
Australia - 8/15

Betting will be open until 26th March at 21:00 GMT.

Users who are viewing this thread