South Africa in New Zealand

madmattg

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Man they are some good matches.

I agree with the Fleming comment harsh to place the hopes on one player though.

Rangeela

International Coach
4th ODI

Toss: New Zealand

South Africa 259/7 (50 ov) (Boje 50, Rudolph 70*) (Oram 3/51)
New Zealand 264/4 (49.0 ov) (Fleming 51, Marshall 74, Styris 69) (Ntini 2/61)

Result: New Zealand won by 6 wickets

Man of the Match: HJH Marshall

Series: New Zealand leads the 6-ODI series 3-1

Inside_Edge

School Cricketer
New Zealand take the series in another rain affected match. And it was yet another thrilling finish with S.A losing by just 2 runs. 29 runs were needed off the last over with Kallis and Boucher smashing 27, the last ball going for just 4 instead of the required 6. Exciting stuff indeed.

Well done N.Z on your first series win against S.A. Im looking forward to the tests now!

Last edited:

Rangeela

International Coach
5th ODI

Toss: South Africa

New Zealand 193/8 (33ov) (Harris 55) (Ntini 3/47)
South Africa 175/5 (29 ov) (Kallis 58*, Boucher 48*)

Result: New Zealand won by 2 runs (D/L Method)

Man of the Match: CZ Harris

Series: New Zealand leads the 6-ODI series 4-1

Rangeela

International Coach
6th ODI

Toss: South Africa

South Africa 186/9 (50ov) (Prince 47) (Oram 3/24, Tuffey 3/35)
New Zealand 190/5 (46ov) (Papps92*)

Result: New Zealand won by 5 wickets

Man of the Match: MHW Papps

Series: New Zealand wins the 6-ODI series 5-1

Rangeela

International Coach
Close on the heels of reports of flare-ups and sledging in the series between South Africa and New Zealand comes the news that the South Africans are the most badly behaved team in world cricket. According to a report by AFP, figures released by the ICC for the 23-month period since April 1, 2002 ? when the new code of conduct was introduced ? reveal that six charges were laid against South African players, of which five ended in guilty verdicts. At the other end of the spectrum was West Indies, with no charges during this period.

Of the six incidents involving the South Africans, five took place during their tour to Pakistan in October 2003. In fact, Andrew Hall was banned for one ODI and two Tests after being twice found guilty of offences during an ODI at Lahore. That series was also the worst in terms of discipline, with seven charges levelled against the players.

The ICC also brought out figures to indicate that the overall behaviour had improved since the introduction of the new code of conduct ? there were only 31 reports of inappropriate behaviour during that period, compared to 52 in the two years prior to that.

Sunil Gavaskar, chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee ? Playing, expressed his satisfaction with the improved on-field behaviour: "Prior to the new code, I was one of many people in the game who were concerned about this issue, but over the past two years I think that the introduction of this code and the greater awareness of the issue amongst the players has resulted in considerable improvement in this area. The code reflects the reality that players have a responsibility to not just their teams, but to all those youngsters watching the game. This trend is a strong indication of the improvement that has taken place."

In a statement, the ICC also said that the figures showed a better appeal system: of the 31 charges, players had been acquitted four times. In the earlier two years, the players had been found guilty on all 52 occasions.

Meanwhile, Dave Richardson, the ICC general manager, also praised the decision of the Australian team to sign their own players' code of conduct. "I think that the initiative shown by the Australian team last year in publicly committing to this ideal is indicative of the desire of the players to play the game in the right spirit, and this is borne out in fewer reports."

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Stumps Day 1

South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first

South Africa 1st Inning 279/4 (Kallis 92, Rudolph 72) (Vettori 2/83)

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Stumps Day 3

South Africa 1st Inning 459 (Kirsten 137) (Vettori 4/158)
New Zealand 1st Inning 361/7 (Styris 74) (Kallis 3/61)

New Zealand trail by 98 runs with 3 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Stumps Day 4

New Zealand 1st Inning 509 (Styris 74, Oram 119*) (Pollock 4/19,Kallis 3/71)
South Africa 2nd Inning 134/3 (Kallis 56*)

South Africa lead by 84 runs with 7 wickets remaining

sachin

International Coach
kaliis level with bradmans test record of five test hundreds in five test matches.who got the only new zealand wicket in there second innings?

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Result

New Zealand 1st Inning 509 (Styris 74, Oram 119*) (Pollock 4/19,Kallis 3/71)
South Africa 2nd Inning 313/4 dec (Kallis 150*)
New Zealand 39/1

Result: Match Drawn

Man of the Match: JH Kallis

Series: 3-Test series level 0-0

Rangeela

International Coach
Kirsten confirms retirement

Gary Kirsten, the prolific South African batsman, has confirmed that he will be retiring from international cricket after the current tour of New Zealand.

Kirsten, 36, had originally planned to step down after last summer's tour of England, but was encouraged to carry on by his good form and the support of his team-mates. Kirsten scored his 21st century in the first Test against New Zealand, which finished yesterday, and the second Test, which starts in Auckland on Thursday (March 18) will be his 100th. Of current players, only Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara have made more than Kirsten's 7210 Test runs, and he was the first man to score a Test century against all nine possible opponents. He made his debut in 1993-94, after being called up as a replacement - along with his half-brother Peter - for the tour of Australia.

Kirsten, who has yet to decide whether he will continue in first-class cricket, said: "It is a sad and emotional moment for me. I have been extremely fortunate to have had the privilege of playing for my country for so long. It has always been a massive honour to play for South Africa and I have enjoyed every moment of my career."

He explained the timing of his announcement: "My wife Deborah and I had made a decision that when our first child arrived I would retire, but with Joshua now nearly four months old it has overlapped a little. I want to wish the side all the very best in the future and hope that they will continue to go from strength to strength. I was lucky enough to play with and against some wonderful cricketers, and I take many great memories with me."

Gerald Majola, the chief executive of South Africa's United Cricket Board, paid tribute to Kirsten's contribution over the past 11 years. "We all respect Gary Kirsten's decision to retire after an extraordinary playing career during which he set many milestones," he said. "His records might well be broken, but they are there so that history can record for posterity his outstanding achievements at all levels of the game, but statistics do not tell the whole story, as they cannot record the manner in which he achieved these feats with sheer guts and an absolute determination to give of his best.

"These are qualities that have been hugely admired and appreciated by all who have watched him around the world as he so ably represented the new South Africa in the first decade of its birth. South African cricket will always be grateful to Gary for his outstanding contribution, both as a batsman as well as a role model on how the game should be played."

? Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 1

New Zealand won the toss and elected to field first

South Africa 1st Inning 231/2 (Smith 88, Gibbs 80)

Inside_Edge

School Cricketer
Will Kallis go on and reach his 6th consecutive ton? If he does he will join the Don with 6 consecutive hundreds. As it is he is the only one to reach 5. The run fest continues. Go Kallis go!

Users who are viewing this thread