South Africa Tour of New Zealand - (Feb/March 2017)

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I would have preferred Nicholls being dropped and bringing in both Broom and either Munro or Bruce
Nicholas will bounce back in season or two but nz need to change his batting position from number 4, any test team with number 4 = your best player

Kohli
Root
Gower
SRT

Example

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Should have picked Tahir instead of Piedt IMO.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Munro's was given plenty of chance in test matches just like NICHOLLAS but both not fits in that format.Munro's batting average 50 this season, broom gave good hope but I would like BHARAT POPLI who had batting average of 60 for last two seasons.

Munro has played one test 4 years ago on the tour of SA where the whole team did really shit. He hasn't been given a chance at all.

Popli or Ken McClure could be interesting for the squad. It honestly depends on when Ross Taylor retires and who's in the best form in the Plunket Shield at that time.

Probably their policy to not to includes more than 2 Asians in nz team, Glen turners wife,mrs KAUR I think Mayor of states, I forget so some of them had easy Access, but JET'S innings superb (52) vs best bowling of fast bowling, Patel too, bowling with tight spell, he is still good with Warwickshire, regularly took 60 odd wickets in county cricket.

Bharat popli not even close to selection,verma and Ayaz Patel also impressive in lower grade cricket or plunkett.i still remember RAMESH PATEL doing great (for nz)in other than cricket, Deepak Patel in cricket for nz,

Popli has 270 runs at 20.8 this season, he isn't close to selection for good reason, he had one good season. It's ridiculous to think that it's because of some underlying racist policy. Verma has only been doing ok, there are other pacers in domestic who have been performing better and would be called up first[DOUBLEPOST=1489529747][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nicholas will bounce back in season or two but nz need to change his batting position from number 4, any test team with number 4 = your best player

Kohli
Root
Gower
SRT

Example

Nicholls doesn't bat 4...

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
Munro has played one test 4 years ago on the tour of SA where the whole team did really shit. He hasn't been given a chance at all.

Popli has 270 runs at 20.8 this season, he isn't close to selection for good reason, he had one good season. It's ridiculous to think that it's because of some underlying racist policy. Verma has only been doing ok, there are other pacers in domestic who have been performing better and would be called up first[DOUBLEPOST=1489529747][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nicholls doesn't bat 4...
Out of his 12 test career so many time he bats at 4, only time he bats at 5 when Taylor (injured) or not available for some reasons, you can check his first 4 innings plus 0 not out all came as number 4

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This series is Nicholls' chance to prove himself before the home summer ends. Once the series is over there's the Plunket Shield to prove that he can fill that position and work hard enough to pump out consistent scores as to not be overtaken by Will Young or Tom Bruce in the selectors minds.

Chewie

BCCI President
The Plunket Shield is over by the time the test series finishes

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Should have picked Tahir instead of Piedt IMO.
I think they are not picking him because he's old, but I have no idea why they stopped picking him for the longer format when he has done exceptionally well in the limited overs.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think they are not picking him because he's old, but I have no idea why they stopped picking him for the longer format when he has done exceptionally well in the limited overs.
Fitness?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I think that's definitely contributing. I reckon because of the fact he isn't a 'holding' spinner it's very difficult for the SA side to use him effectively. Obviously, he wasn't super consistent when he played tests but if used properly he would probably still be in the team. However, he doesn't seem to bowl too many bad deliveries anymore and I think on spin friendly pitches (like what we are presumably going to face in NZ) he is our best option if he's allowed to be attacking.

Don't really think so considering the fact that he's bowling 10 overs in the ODIs and running about 10 extra kilometres celebrating wickets.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
3rd test underway and LATHAM'S nightmare continued as he edged one from Morkal
Hold out for 8, nz after loosing toss 13 /1.

Broom début but without BOULT/TAYLOR/SANTNER, NZ team not looks good
Nicholas/Neesham and Grandhome/watling,Southee.

Williamson out off Rabada 2, BALL TRACKING SYSTEM ACTIVATE YET? OR is it not for this series?
Debutant Broom here, its better than Nicholas because nz always sends him at 4 when Taylor not around.Frankly
Speaking I do not think NZ have any other talent than Nicholas so they keep him, his 13th test today

Jet and Broom need repair job.Broom gone as well, 4 ball Duck off RABADA
21 /3 This is test wicket @Wellington.Now Henry here,i better leave to see what's happening at
Domestic southafrica

Rabada to Jeet Raval 4,4 I think this wicket getting bit flatter as match progress.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer

20 test 57 test wicket at 40.24 plus worst batsman according to ABDV,Even KESHAV MAHARAJ
doing great with both,ball and bat.

Recently Jackson Bird included in the Australian team not only for his bowling in domestic but also his
Batting.he not have to do much than warm up the bench and transfer towels.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
8.6 big appeal for leg-before, and Williamson has been given out by umpire Dharmasena. He calls for DRS, pointing to his back thigh. RTS does not detect a spike. No bat involved. Nice and full, swings back in prodigiously after pitching outside off, beats the inside edge and crashes into the back pad in front of middle. Williamson brought his bat in line, but the ball did too much. TV umpire Oxenford says: "Ball-tracking is not available". What? Bizarre. Williamson has to go. That looked out, however, massive blow for New Zealand. They haven't lost a review, if that's any consolation 13/2

What?

Users who are viewing this thread