Australia Vs India test series in India

india is going to loose this test.have to say that they played pathetically and with the umpires decisions going against them, this test is a total disaster.

R

ricky123

aus played really well , india has to still get better in batting though to match aus ,

i was surprised when gilli said the toss was not that important ,
if india would have won the toss things would have been different

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag is fined.
I would have reacted the same way if I was given out lbw whin the ball hit my bat. :angry:

C

cricket2004

yar m vry diossapointed taat there are no odis wese how did sehwag reacted??

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag walked straight to Bowden and collided with him.
He said the the ball had hit his bat.(I could see his lip movements on the TV.I don't know whether he used foul language.)

R

ricky123

even if he dint use foul words , he will be punished for letting the umpire know that he has done a mistake , which puts umpires in more pressure .
have u seen sachin doing anything like this ? never , although i understand the frustration of the fans and the batsman himself , but it is for the icc to see and monitor the mistakes of the umpires

E

electioneering

I dont agree with that.Sehwag just went up to him and said "It hit my bat first" (without gesturing and looking offensive).I think the umpires are already under pressure in such matches and they have to show their best in such situations.Just as players are expected to deliver in pressure matches ,so are umpires.They have to be at their best.And missing such a big nick onto the pads is by no standards ,acceptable.

One more thing:
IMO just as the players are fined for gesturing or 'being offensive',dont u ppl feel there should be a code of conduct on umpires too,say if they give 2 bad decisions in a match,even they should be fined!!I sincerel;y believe this.
Wat say guys ?

N

nikhilverma

Yep...
I totally agree....
Umpires are given too much preference...

R

ricky123

if u remember the last debate when we had this for bucknor , i started it , :P

and now bowden has said sorry for his poor decission

S

squiz

Originally posted by Pat@Oct 11 2004, 09:33 PM
One more thing:
IMO just as the players are fined for gesturing or 'being offensive',dont u ppl feel there should be a code of conduct on umpires too,say if they give 2 bad decisions in a match,even they should be fined!!I sincerel;y believe this.
Wat say guys ?
That's just stupid. That's like saying because a batsmen didn't make much runs in a test or didn't get much wickets, then they should be fined also. I'm sick of people complaining about umpires making wrong decisions, just get over it, it's a part of the game! :angry:

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz+Oct 24 2004, 04:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(squiz @ Oct 24 2004, 04:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Pat
@Oct 11 2004, 09:33 PM
One more thing:
Wat say guys ?
That's just stupid. That's like saying because a batsmen didn't make much runs in a test or didn't get much wickets, then they should be fined also. I'm sick of people complaining about umpires making wrong decisions, just get over it, it's a part of the game! :angry: [/b]
B) LOL SQUIZ , IF THEY CAN FINE SEHWAG THEN THEY SHOULD FINE THE UMPIRE ALSO , CUZ HE WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE MISTAKE :angry:

R

ricky123

B) ya we know that , and i am very happy that it is a batting pitch the perfect pitch for indian batsman to get back in form

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
batting pitch???????????? :wacko:
It's a bowling pitch or Australian batting pitch.It looks veryyyy green.

Irfan is injured. :huh:

I don't know why they played Agarkar.He is really a crap bowler.He has been the most expensive and has not picked up any wickets.
The most impressive bowler on the first day was Murali Kartik.

It's time they chucked out Patel. :angry:
He missed an easy stumping of Clarke and also a catch in Zaheer's bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread