Australia in New Zealand

This is pretty bad result for New Zealand, especially since three people aren't here: Hayden, Langer, Warne and McGrath. Hayden and McGrath are rested, but imagine what would happen if these two others would still be playing. I hope they play in the World Cup 2007 though.

And good to see Katich is doing a good job at the top. I think Australia should rest Gilchrist now a bit. He isn't having great scores anymore.

Haddin is injured too now, Youre writing off gilly after a 100 off 60 odd balls vs World XI

What happened to Haddin? He played in NSW last game. If we were resting him I would pick Ronchi. He is so similar to Gilly that we could straight swap him.

langerrox said:
Haddin is injured too now, Youre writing off gilly after a 100 off 60 odd balls vs World XI

Didn't know that. Because he is the next in line after Haddin. But I know is a great player. But great players need some rest too. Especially since the Test matches against South Africa are coming up.

maybe his recovered, he got injured VS WA hence daniel smith for afew matches

Oh that was weeks ago, Haddin is back fit and running.
So what would should the Aus team look like for the next ODI? Lewis will get a go. White probably supersub again as Hogg didn't do much.

Yeah, Haddin played in the last Pura Cup game for NSW. And Ronchi, is too young. Three first ball ducks he has.

Great win for Aussie and shame to New Zealand and I think they should have batted first.

What a stupid mismatch it proved today. I watched first innings before going to work and hoped NZ will pull this one with 8 batsmen in the line-up but all W@nkers-Astle, Marshall brothers, Styris, Pig-headed McMilan. What can Cairns or Oram do after all that.

In defence of the kiwis, they were missing their best batsman and their best bowler. Don't know if it would have made a big difference though.

langerrox said:
even langer for that matter deserves to play

ummm no :)

NZ have no excuses. They couldn't hack Lee's superior pace and that was the end of the ball game.
Bond wouldn't have made much difference as it wasn't their bowling that cost them.

rickyp said:
well new zealand are certainly living up to all the expectations of this series

rumours are that we are resting all of our team next match - were gonna send the vics over so we dont win by as much

angryangy said:
To NZ: lol noobs!

gotta try harder if you want McGrath to play.

Don't worry. We are yet to lose to Bangladesh!
I don't know if you were just joking or being plain arrogant there.

Seriously now though that was pretty terrible. We bowled way better then I thought without Bond. Franklin sucks, get rid of him (although I guess you can't do much when your best bowler gets a hamstring injury the day before the match). Cairns was fantastic with the bat. As soon as he strolled out I instantly knew this was the old Cairns back. Thats all I really care about. Vettori bowled absoutly fantastic. Best ODI spinner in the world.

Brett Lee, what can I say. On his own he demolished us. He only got 3 of the wickets but he caused all 10 of them. The first 6 were either out to brilliant Lee deliverys or shocking deliverys from the other end caught at point. It was weird how J Marshall didn't pick up Lee. I am glad he didn't get hurt though, like Papps. Braken looks like easy pickings, Clark bowled pretty damn well though. We were TOTALLY beaten by Lee's pace though

Can't wait for the third game. With Fleming back and Bond too hopefully it will be a better contest. Our batting need sto improved ten fold and fast though.

The streakers and rubbish was embarrising. But they wouldn;t of done it had the game been more even I am sure. They were probably just making entertainment.

Vettori did a good job as captain. I don't exactly agree with us fielding first though, that confused me. I think we really missed our rock at Number 1.

We lost fair end square. No excuses really. I can admit that. We even won the toss (NEWSFLASH: supersub rules are still stupid). However we were missing our best batsman and best pace bowler. Both are so important when you have a team with average tier players.

Cairns, the batsmen we know who has been working hard on his play. Is it a coincidence he performs the best. We NEED to put in some hard work and aim to win the second and/or third match. I think we still can. I may sound mad but we have the talent and our bowling efforts were great.

ZexyZahid said:
This is pretty bad result for New Zealand, especially since three people aren't here: Hayden, Langer, Warne and McGrath.

Like I said above. We had people out as well. Perhaps more vital cogs also considering you have a team full of stars. Warne doesn't play ODI's Don't use him as an excuse. You did forget Martyn though.

But if our opening bowler or opening batsmen or both get injured then we don't have a huge player pool to just grab someone who has 10000 first class runs and years of experiance or hundreds of first class wickets and years of experiance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread