New Zealand in Australia

New Zealand almost had it

2nd ODI

Toss: Australia

Australia 261/7 (50 ov) (Gilchrist 60, Hogg 41*) (Mills 2/49)
New Zealand 244 (47.1 ov) (Cairns 50, Mills 44*) (Hogg 3/45)

Result: Australia won by 17 runs

Man of the Match: GB Hogg

Series: 3-ODI series tied 1-1

We won, but very unconvincingly. McGarth bowled well in the end, this was the first game I've seen McGarth play he has a close resemblance to Glenn McGrath, bowling style, looks everything. Also pretty poor captaincy in the end by Ponting bowling Lehmann and Hogg in the death. It was a good game watch

McGarth bowled well in the end, this was the first game I've seen McGarth play he has a close resemblance to Glenn McGrath, bowling style, looks everything.

I don't think I know what you are saying here. Err?

Aaah you see I didn't watch the game! He he. Now I get it. Unfortunately Star aren't showing replays of it either.

For anyone who didn't watch the game, here's McGarth taking a wicket

Attachments

• 51836600.jpg
    51836600.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 43
well I saw a bit of it towards the end of both innings...it was a cracker...esp when Mills hit those sixes in Lehmann and Hogg's overs...but one thing amused me...I have never ever seen a team field XI players who can bat really well(when in form)...the Kiwis did that today...perhaps when Klusener was going great guns SA may have done it(but then there was Donald)...but this Kiwi side had absolutely no tail...and hence perhaps it didn't wag...

True. This is probably the future of cricket where everyone will be expected to bat and all the good bowlers will be all-rounders. That would, of course, make the game much more interesting (and harder to play) because no team could rest on its laurels at any given point.

How could he let Mills get 44... Anyway, Go McGarth.

Just read the news that C. Harris might be contemplating retirement following the dislocated shoulder injury. C. Harris never is not a star but a great bits-n-pieces cricketer. one wonders if he could have bowled and batted higher up the order then what would have happened in 2nd ODI against Aussies.

any news if the play is going to resume...cant seems to find the weather update for the match..

Users who are viewing this thread