New Zealand in Australia

yeah u may say that...because no body is a match really...something similar to West Indies of late 70's and early 80's...but looking at the three day game of WA v Pak, u r in for a good competition ahead....i hope...

sachinisgod said:
but looking at the three day game of WA v Pak, u r in for a good competition ahead....i hope...

Note: That 3 day game against Western Australia is against the Western Australia Second XI, so don't get too excited.....

wow I didnt know that... the newspapers here in Chennai indicated that the Pakistan team were having fun against WA...Sami three wickets and Younis Khan 135*(yesterday's scores)...
If its against a Second XI then it can be understood...why is the First one playing Pura Cup matches?

andrew_nixon said:
Yeah, and hammering South Australia by my recolection

Nah they're hammering the Vics :( New South Wales are hammering South Australia

Pakistan are 6/44 off 20 overs needing another 50 runs for victory

WA 2nd XI win by 10
Younis Kahn, Yousuf Youhana batting well
Danish Kaneria 8/58
Not much batting practice from it for Pakistan

angryangy said:
WA 2nd XI win by 10
That's a promising start to the tour :rolleyes:

EDIT: Shouldn't this have been in the Aus/Pak topic?

Last edited:
Probably but the whole convo has gone off topic (and probably will be until Sunday).

probable squad for 1st ODI

Australia 1 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Darren Lehmann, 6 Michael Clarke, 7 Andrew Symonds, 8 Shane Watson, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Brad Hogg, 11 Michael Kasprowicz.

New Zealand 1 Stephen Fleming (capt), 2 Nathan Astle, 3 Mathew Sinclair, 4 Scott Styris, 5 Hamish Marshall, 6 Chris Cairns, 7 Jacob Oram, 8 Brendon McCullum (wk), 9 Daniel Vettori, 10 Kyle Mills, 11 Ian Butler.

1st ODI

Australia 246/9 (50 ov) (Gilchrist 68, Lehmann 50) (Cairns 3/39, Vettori 3/31)
New Zealand 247/6 (49.4 ov) (Astle 70, Marshall 50*) (Lehmann 2/35, Lee 2/40)

Result: New Zealand won by 4 wickets

Man of the Match: HJH Marshall

Series: New Zealand leads the 3-ODI series 1-0

Brendan McCullum with some fascinating shots there. I think those back-to-back boundaries and the bad wide (or 5 of them) from Kasprowicz was what let the Aussies down. They had no chance after that 22 run over.

Users who are viewing this thread