New Zealand in Australia

1st Test Result

New Zealand 1st Inning 353 (Sinclair 69, Oram 126*) (Kasprowicz 4/90, Warne 497)
Australia 1st Inning 585 (Martyn 70, Clarke 141, Gilchrist 126) (Vettori 4/154, Martin 5/152)
New Zealand 2nd Inning 76 (Warne 4/15, McGrath 3/19)

Result: Australia won by an innings and 156 runs

Man of the Match: MJ Clarke

Series: Australia leads the 2-Test series 1-0

What a dismal performance by New Zealand in the second innings, they better improve in the next 5 or so days so we can see a great match

We probaly won't.

I didnt watch the 1st Test but saw the highlights today and the best thing I liked the most was Mcgrath's half century. In future we might see no such thing as so call tailenders.

What still drives me bonkers is that McGrath has amassed an aggregate of 94 runs in ODI cricket. Understandably he bats at the end of a long batting order but this is still an overwhelming statistic!! This, when Kumble has got thousands of runs. Ha, ha.

McGrath is not in the team for batting,so who cares if he sucks as a batsman?

Squad for 2nd Test

Australia 1 Justin Langer, 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Darren Lehmann, 6 Michael Clarke, 7 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 8 Shane Warne, 9 Jason Gillespie, 10 Michael Kasprowicz, 11 Glenn McGrath, 12 Brett Lee.

New Zealand 1 Mark Richardson, 2 Mathew Sinclair, 3 Stephen Fleming (capt), 4. Scott Styris, 5. Nathan Astle, 6. Jacob Oram, 7. Brendon McCullum (wk), 8. Daniel Vettori, 9. James Franklin, 10 Paul Wiseman, 11 Chris Martin.

2nd Test Stumps Day 1

Australia won the toss and elected to bat first

Australia 327/3 (Langer 144*, Hayden 70)

McGrath and Gillespie together scored more runs then the NZ team in that second innings

2nd Test Stumps Day 2

Australia 1st Inning 575/8 Decl (Langer 215, Hayden 70, Lehmann 81) (Vettori 5/152)
New Zealand 1st Inning 56/2

New Zealand trail by 519 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

sohummisra said:
What still drives me bonkers is that McGrath has amassed an aggregate of 94 runs in ODI cricket. Understandably he bats at the end of a long batting order but this is still an overwhelming statistic!! This, when Kumble has got thousands of runs. Ha, ha.

Well he's racked up 289 wickets at 22.67 in ODI's and in tests 457 wickets at 21.77. I don't think he needs to perform with the bat with a record like that.

Users who are viewing this thread