New Zealand in Australia

Edit: NZ were murdered by NSW let alone Australia.NZ 213 & 201 NSW 286 & 1/129

Last edited:
1st Test Stumps Day 1

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first

New Zealand 1st Inning 250/7 (Sinclair 69, Oram 63*) (Kasprowicz 3/54)

cant believe it is the same kasparowicz who was thrashed by sachin on his tour to India in 1998 , i thought he wud never get back into the aussie team

well New Zealand Ive said it before ill say it again are always very competitive against Australia when they come here.

what a innings by orlam and ATM Aust are sort of struggling. this game is really in the balance

1st Test Stumps Day 2

New Zealand 1st Inning 353 (Sinclair 69, Oram 126*) (Kasprowicz 4/90, Warne 497)
Australia 1st Inning 197/4 (Martyn 59*) (Vettori 2/49)

Australia trail by 156 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Hm.......the match is very evenly balanced.Marto should go on to make a century.Great innings by Oram,btw,Nz were saved because of that.He Should be the man of the match.

aussies used shameful tactics again when Oram was thrashing them. warne bowled out side leg with 7 fielders on the boundry, umpires were right to call wides. how pathetic can you get? but ofcourse ponting and warne will go unpunished again like they have in the past. hypocrites.

I agree that Ponting's tactics were bloody ordinary, especially when he was giving Oram the single to get Mills (first class avg of 40) on strike- but with the number 11 in, when Oram's trying to smash every ball, isn't the intelligent thing to do stopping him from being able to play those shots, or at least making him take on fieldsman?

LOL! intelligent because ponting did it? if it was Ganguly or Inzy people like you and your buddies would be crying all over about cheating and calling for ban. thats why I said hypocrites!

Shailesh said:
LOL! intelligent because ponting did it? if it was Ganguly or Inzy people like you and your buddies would be crying all over about cheating and calling for ban. thats why I said hypocrites!
Intelligent because he can't hit another 50 before we get a chance to bowl at the number 11 maybe? And how the hell can it possibly be cheating? I disagree with the tactic when there's 2 people that can play decently out there, but in that situation it's fair enough.

the point is not if it was no. 11 or no. 12, point is that aussies are once again exposed as the biggest hypocrites, is it really that hard to understand?
anyway I don't see anything intelligent there, ponting was trying to save their you know what when it was getting kicked by a lower order batsman.

Shailesh said:
the point is not if it was no. 11 or no. 12, point is that aussies are once again exposed as the biggest hypocrites, is it really that hard to understand?
anyway I don't see anything intelligent there, ponting was trying to save their you know what when it was getting kicked by a lower order batsman.

Jacob Oram might be batting down the order, but he is not a lower order batsman. Infact the Kiwiz have no "tail" as such. Everyone apart from Chris Martin is a proper batsman.

Also Ponting's tactics are absolutely justified, considering the circumstances. Jacob Oram was in no mood of slowing down, so getting the other batsman out is the wise decision. Your statement on labeling the Aussies as "hypocrites" is totally uncalled for. But it happens, especially after being thrashed 2-1 at home by the Aussies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread