Australia in New Zealand

I expect an improvement by New Zealand. Any news on Bond coming in the next match? I hope he plays because he has a very impressive record against the Aussies. I reckon the NZ top order needs to play out Lee and try to attack Bracken. Others may not agree with me but I think this is the only way or losing alot of quick top order wickets.

Thats what they did last game. Bracken picked up 2 wickets, Lee 3 :D
NZ need to figure out how to play Lee. They deadset had no clue. The Marshall's in particular.

i dont blame the batsman not being able to play Lee, Every time Lee plays agaisnt NZ he bowls 10 kmhs faster!

Yeah i agree that they gotta get after Lee. It is often that if Lee starts conceding about 5-6 runs per over he will constantly bowl full pitched deliveries or short stuffs with no accuracy and history shows that.

Lee always does this in the ODIs. Also the NZ pitches seem to be a lot quicker. Lee cracked the 100mph barrier in NZ last year.

We need to get the toss decision right firstly for the next game if we win it. Then I agree, we need to be watchful of Lee and if hes looking dangerous then just take 2 or 3 an over. Then smash Bracken to all parts. We need Bond back because Franklin absolutly sucks when he isn't swining the ball and is probably what caused us to want to bowl. Because the ball wasn't going to swing bowling last. We are short stocked on bowlers but Chris Martin is a much better bowler then Franklin. Astle should of gotten a bowl. Why not give him an over and see what happens.

Cairns looks fantastic with the bat. The rest looked absolutly shocking. All of them picked out fielders. With the ball he was also great. He was bowling with good pace and did it with ease. He went past the edge a few times and at the death he was tricking Hussey big time with slower balls etc. Mills was absolutly fantastic and Vettori was amazing.

I look forward to the rest of the series, I promice we will do better.

That's quite strange that NZ pitches seem to be a lot quicker. I've always thought that NZ pitches would be slightly damp and similar to English pitches. Wonder how quick Akhtar can bowl in these pitches.

NZ should take advantage of their extremely long batting lineup. From the last match practically everyone in the team could bat.

pitches dont affect how fast he bowls from the hand!, he didnt bowl this fast in the ashes or super series

kodos said:
That's quite strange that NZ pitches seem to be a lot quicker. I've always thought that NZ pitches would be slightly damp and similar to English pitches. Wonder how quick Akhtar can bowl in these pitches.

NZ should take advantage of their extremely long batting lineup. From the last match practically everyone in the team could bat.

Its quite strange really, yesterday on Eden Park, Lee cracked 156km/h. They use drop in pitches so may be that has something to do with it.

irottev said:
Cairns looks fantastic with the bat. The rest looked absolutly shocking. All of them picked out fielders. With the ball he was also great. He was bowling with good pace and did it with ease. He went past the edge a few times and at the death he was tricking Hussey big time with slower balls etc. Mills was absolutly fantastic and Vettori was amazing.

This is why I still rated Cairns and was lost why you guys dropped him. But good on NZ for picking him against the Aussies as more times than not he lifts.
Vettori was impossible to get away and we lost 2 wickets to him. I don't know what we are going to do about him. Mills as you said amazing, his opening spell got NZ the start they wanted. But backup bowlers let NZ down.

I don't think drop in pitches make it any faster. The super series at Telstra Dome was a drop in pitch and from memory Lee topped 151 or 152 kph.

Well the pitch definitely affects the speed the ball gets to the batsmen. But the ball leaving his hand should be about the same. Its one werid thing that seems to happen. Lee usually gets a lot of pace in Perth but in other parts not as much.

another thing ive noticed is that evbery batsman thinks lee is going to bouncer them every ball so theyre damn nervous

Of course he doesn't bowl that fast in test matches. He would be stuffed after 5 overs.

If someone was bowling 156km/h towards my head with the rock solid ball I would be a little nervous as well.

irottev said:
Of course he doesn't bowl that fast in test matches. He would be stuffed after 5 overs.

If someone was bowling 156km/h towards my head with the rock solid ball I would be a little nervous as well.
Well I would be living up to the challange and hit him over third man or pull the sucker.:p

kodos said:
Yeah i agree that they gotta get after Lee. It is often that if Lee starts conceding about 5-6 runs per over he will constantly bowl full pitched deliveries or short stuffs with no accuracy and history shows that.

History also shows Lee is one of the finest ODI pace bowlers of the modern era. Both his average (21.65) and strike rate (27.96) are exceptional. He's in the best form of his career and while a bloke of his pace should go for runs, he hasn't had many crucial meltdowns since the NatWest Series in 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread