Australia in New Zealand

I reckon he would be able to maintain the average if he didn't get all these injuries. But he seems to be injury ridden and he may well finish with those averages but only playing 40 odd games.

aussie1st said:
I reckon he would be able to maintain the average if he didn't get all these injuries. But he seems to be injury ridden and he may well finish with those averages but only playing 40 odd games.

Yeah I agree. I think you would say Lee was better purely because his average and strike rate are worse but not by a lot and have been maintained through far more games.

But if Bond hadn't of been injured he may of caught up a big to Lee. Its a shame. You never know though and you can't really compare like that.

Anyhow some news. Bond is out of the Wellington game and still hopes to play in Christchurch.

If he doesn't play down here I will be gutted for him, infact I already am, He has been through hell with these injurues. He has Never played a game here and its his home ground (and mine too :p so I wanna see him live and cheer for him)

Dam that sucks, will Aus ever get revenge on Bond?
I don't think NZ should rush him back for the Christchurch game unless hes 100% fit. Wouldn't want him getting another injury in that match and being out for another year.

Of course we won't rush him. Its only a hamstring injury though so he should be fine.

AUSSIE TEAM FOR 2ND & 3RD GAMES

I think Australia will keep the mould of the team from Game 1 except that Cameron White and Mick Lewis will in the XI

Lewis will definitely come in, only reason White would come in is to get him some batting time. Ponting didn't use either spinner last game.

Bond is now 30 so you defintily don't want to rush him back from injury:P

Ponting used White for 1 over.

Fleming made 50+ today in domestic cricket. He will definatly be back for Christchurch.

Took him way too long though. The game was well and truely won by the time he got the ball. He needs a 10 over spell when the game is still live and not when 3 streakers have come onto the field ;)

Just to comfirm, Bond has been ruled out and NZ have taken the same 12 that was beaten on Saturday into today's game.
Weather for Wellington looks good
Becoming fine this morning. Southerlies tend northerly.
All info from tvnz.co.nz

May be Siddrath can give us some live updates as hes in Welly :)

Yeah Bond was never in the running to play. Hopefully his home ground down her ein Christchurch. If not ill be extremly annoyed. Not as much as he will be though. it must really suck to have such talent and have so much injuries especially when you train as hard as he does. He is extremly fit so its not like thats his problem.

It's drizzling in Wellington according to the radio. They rekon it will clear though and the game will start as normal. Hopefully its nice and cold for the Australians :p

Lol you guys need all the advantage you can get :) Although a massive breeze at the back of Lee isn't going to help you guys out at all. :p

Ponting won toss and is batting

That little congregation Jeremy Coney just did was weird and I guess funny.

Lewis is supersub, White out!
Once again the supersub rule has helped the side that won the toss. Lewis will come in for Katich after hes done.

GIlchrist could of been out first ball. Tough LBW decision but there might have been a little inside edge.

Users who are viewing this thread