Australia in New Zealand

Dan vettori is on and should slow things down and possibly even chip in with a couple of wickets. Aus still has Mike Hussey who is the dangerman.

I wonder what Symonds and Clarke can do against Vettori and I highly doubt 250 which they are heading to will be enough today. Expect Astle to use his move away and hit-out tactics against Lee.

Well i hope astle can be at his flamboyant best and hit-out against Lee. Also i hope to see Cairns back at his best.

This game looks as same as the last game. Australia will get around 250. Even 250 will be hard to chase.

Last edited:
kodos said:
Well i hope astle can be at his flamboyant best and hit-out against Lee. Also i hope to see Cairns back at his best.
Yeah but Cairnsy is useless unless someone lays down a foundation to work upon as seen in the last match.

siddharth2002 said:
I wonder what Symonds and Clarke can do against Vettori and I highly doubt 250 which they are heading to will be enough today. Expect Astle to use his move away and hit-out tactics against Lee.

everyone was saying that last game and look what happend.

Hopefully its more of the same from Lee. I wonder if Bracken will swing it. It was swinging early on in the Aus inns.

aussie1st said:
Hopefully its more of the same from Lee. I wonder if Bracken will swing it. It was swinging early on in the Aus inns.
I am not too sure as the conditions are not for swing today .The weather is perfect and not much wind either. There might be some movement off the seam though.

langerrox said:
LOL Mccumlum(sp?) calls Syris Piggy!
Lol, did u hear it, I am not watching.

Styris and Vettori are bowling well like in the last game, but they need to pick up wickets other wise Symonds is looking dangerous to me. He's looking for a big inning today to take Australia around 260+.

This is top class Fielding and Bowling. Who says this period of the game is boring :/ its been the most exciting part so far. ALl the tension building up. Mabee its only coz we are doing well and im biased.

Its a shame we arn't hitting the stumps more. I guess you can;t expect to that often, but the pressure we are making with Vettori especially and also Styris is causing very poor singles being ricked.

irottev said:
This is top class Fielding and Bowling. Who says this period of the game is boring :/ its been the most exciting part so far. ALl the tension building up. Mabee its only coz we are doing well and im biased.

Its a shame we arn't hitting the stumps more. I guess you can;t expect to that often, but the pressure we are making with Vettori especially and also Styris is causing very poor singles being ricked.
Yeah from NZ's point of view its enjoyable.

NZ are fielding really well. Bar that drop catch their ground fielding has been good.
They have missed 2 run out chances though. But gee wiz Symonds isn't running well. He ran out Katich, almost Clarke and then could have been out himself.

BTW Good 50 by Symonds. Aggressive and defense. Just needs to fix that running. Now lets hope he goes on.

We need to break this partnership, great innings from Symonds and Clarke is looking better now also.

Only 2 run out chances missed? I thought it was at least 5 or so half chances. Australia have been a little lucky in that department.

Could be, I only remember 2.
Good to see the Clarke and Symonds partnership on the show again. I remember them coming to the crease when Aus was in trouble and they rescued us like this. Hopefully this time both stay in.

Wow that was werid. Clarke should have been out but McCullum broke the stumps. Clarke didn't slide his bat properly and was out of his crease.

Users who are viewing this thread