• Australia

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Draw/Tie

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This suprises me: The ODIs being played before the tests. Also, I thought the first ever 20-20 international would be England v Australia at Lords around Ashes time.

Skateboarder2 said:
This suprises me: The ODIs being played before the tests. Also, I thought the first ever 20-20 international would be England v Australia at Lords around Ashes time.
Nope, New Zealand and Australia have got there first. This was announced almost 6 months ago now. British media is still saying that the England v Australia match is the first one.

Although this technically isn't the first Twenty20 international either. That was England women v New Zealand women last year.

new zealnd will get crunched in the test but i hope that the odi series is going to be entertaining.i think new zealand have avery good chance of winning the odi series

Twenty20 Match - Australia vs New Zealand

17 Feb @ Auckland

Odds:

New Zealand - 5/4
Australia - 4/7

Bets will be accepted until 05:00 GMT on 17th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

woah wait a minute don't over look New Zealand in the ODI

they are very very competitive against Australia in ODIs in fact their Australia's Boigie team an interesting article in the paper i read about what the Australian side will look lik one 2007

with Hayden Ghilchrist Langer Warne Mcgrath or in there late to mid 30s the generation might be coming too a end of Australian dominance

here just recently NZ one the 1st game and the 2nd game they came form nowhere and would have won that 2nd game and the series had Chris Harris not had had to bat on 1 arm!! taht number 11 they had ((cant remember name) hit about 8 6s it was incredible game the 3rd one was a wash out so we never got too see what would happen

as for the tests yeah Australia are just too good

Kyle Mills? He hit 4 sixes that game. He's a legitimate all-rounder in NZ first class cricket. Rate that however you will. Keep in mind Australia "rested" their two best quicks for the Melbourne game and seeing as NZ are the current no. 2 ODI side, they would have to be considered a "bogey side" for most teams.

TV Coverage

Hi everyone. Can you please tell me if the Twenty-Twenty International will be on live TV? If it is on Nine Network Sky Sports usually beam it back to Britain through that. Also, as it is not described as a day nighter, I suppose it will start at 11pm GMT. Am I right? :)

Yeah, it is described as a D/N, according to the schedule. I think the inferrence might be that all Twenty20s will be D/N.

Edit: sorry, this schedule

Last edited:
ha ha but Aussies will surely win at last.

I was commenting on NZ being called a "bogey side" for Australia. As you said they're the second best ODI team, so it only makes sense that they are stronger against Australia than other teams are.

Australian Retro Kit

I was searching a website called Getty Images and found this photograph of Australian Fast Bowler Brett Lee launching the Australian Retro Kit- the Kit to be worn in the Twenty-Twenty International against New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread