• England

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Australia

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
No problem call me Caroline x

I feel when you're down there then send in and mix the team up as someone will get stuck in and make a claim for that baggy green!
I feel were dinning out on the complacency of the past and should look to be more honest and consolidate a squad and build belief in them than rather threaten them with being dropped. Many teams have bad patches and yopu need to ride it than suffer it and complain we were once great... Yep, once great!!!
You both provide very constructive comments. And oh so true. We are living in the past. Turn up and we will win. Well I have news for you guys. It does not work that way. We no longer intimidate sides so we have to once again earn back that respect.

Caroline you say there needs to be players making strong claims for a Baggy Green cap. There are plenty of next gen about to do just that. Just a few names to bandy about for the future. Jason Sangha, Josh Philippe, Cameron Green, Lloyd Pope, Arjun Nair, Will Sutherland, Will Pukovski. There are more too.. With the correct nurturing these boys could be among the next greats of our game.

Baggers.

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I for the life of me don't get Maxwell's problem in life. Just when you think he's on the cusp of consistency, he becomes careless again. I really did believe that 2018 was his coming of age.

Took the words out of my mouth LL. How many chances has the man been given? Yet he still deals in inconsistency. In fact..along with Shane Watson (when he played for Australia) he has made inconsistency a by word. We keep hearing this.. oh he will win us games with his brand of cricket. Hello.. he does not win us games because he does not stay in long enuff. Just when he looks like taking an attack apart.. he plays a shocking get out shot.

Baggers

Last edited:

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
I think paine should be snatched from captaincy and they should make finch captain.
IDK but why aus management didnt select Zampa?
Short should only play on aus pitches. This guy cant even play spin no point of having him in team.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any ideas who you guys think will lead this team during the World Cup?
If the Aussie selectors maintain their faith in Paine then it might be him. Otherwise, I think Finch will be captain. Preferably, Finch should be made captain with Paine dropped from the team. Alex Carey deserves to be in the team considering how good he's been in domestic and Big Bash. He's actually be able to accumulate runs.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
World Cup next year? Steve Smith is going to be back and so is Warner, why are you thinking about captaining the side?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Because someone will do it in the meantime and make it their own.
Not a chance. The Australians bloat about being the best domestic circuit yet cannot even produce international quality XI let alone a captain. The absence of Smith and Warner just proved how valuable they are on them and without them Aussies look kind of shit. Starc has always been in and out so I do not count him and value in the Aussie XI but Hazlewood is missed. Also I do not even remember when Australia had a decent spinner in their limited over side.

I really feel bad for Tim Paine as he will go down as the worst captain in limited overs for Australia in history books and its not his mistake. He was given to lead Australia at a time when others would have dreaded and I agree with most Tim might be a good solution for Test but in limited overs.. ah uh!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Not a chance. The Australians bloat about being the best domestic circuit yet cannot even produce international quality XI let alone a captain. The absence of Smith and Warner just proved how valuable they are on them and without them Aussies look kind of shit. Starc has always been in and out so I do not count him and value in the Aussie XI but Hazlewood is missed. Also I do not even remember when Australia had a decent spinner in their limited over side.

I really feel bad for Tim Paine as he will go down as the worst captain in limited overs for Australia in history books and its not his mistake. He was given to lead Australia at a time when others would have dreaded and I agree with most Tim might be a good solution for Test but in limited overs.. ah uh!

It's easy to knock TP down. I feel he's definitely Australia's best option as keeper batsman in all formats. I think he's a free spirit though and while in my book he's led Australia well and said the right things in the circumstances the result is too doom and gloom for him to look any good.

I also think you're over estimating Smith. Aussies were losing in LOI under him as well. The real body blow is Warner. He's actually someone you can logically compare to the other greats in today's day and age. I remember there being discussions on axing Smith as LOI captain in the last bilateral he led.

I think the crux of the issue is that the Aussies don't value day in day out white ball cricket anymore. It's a bit like England pre 2015 WC. Like I said in my earlier post, the talent is there. It's all about building towards something that culminates in a special side, with or without Smith and Warner.

D

Deleted member 46200

Belief can change people and I feel if we put a person in charge they may well grow in the role or may not we have to build for the future and maybe now is a good place to start... Tim Paine for the rest of the series and see what happens... Someone argued here that Steve Smith wasn't a good Captain... So everywhere there will be an opinion but we need to show some leadership and back someone into the role. Maybe Smith and Warner will be back but the English have a saying and maybe someone will be the new Warner or Smith... Time will tell.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I still repeat, Aussies need George Bailey back, just on the fact that he is a good captain.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The real body blow is Warner. He's actually someone you can logically compare to the other greats in today's day and age.

Sorry I have a problem with that. Perhaps in past years yes he was a world class limited overs player. He has now dropped off the pedestal imho. I have seen a steady drop in his performances of recent times. Warner relies so much on precise hand/eye co-ordination. With age comes a loss of powers.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks a steady line up, honestly would have been better if Paine dropped himself but I'm still definitely going to watch even though the time is getting on in Sydney

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks a steady line up, honestly would have been better if Paine dropped himself but I'm still definitely going to watch even though the time is getting on in Sydney
A captain dropping himself? Weird.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
[DOUBLEPOST=1529586007][/DOUBLEPOST]
A captain dropping himself? Wei
Captains tend to do that if they realize they haven't been doing anything and have been keeping the team back, making poor decisions at the toss and setting poor fields. But idk it might just be me. Even in the sky sports alternative team, Tim Paine isn't there. He is a wonderful test keeper and a handy batsman in test cricket but utterly useless in LO because of his lack of strength or innovation.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
[DOUBLEPOST=1529586007][/DOUBLEPOST]
Captains tend to do that if they realize they haven't been doing anything and have been keeping the team back, making poor decisions at the toss and setting poor fields. But idk it might just be me. Even in the sky sports alternative team, Tim Paine isn't there. He is a wonderful test keeper and a handy batsman in test cricket but utterly useless in LO because of his lack of strength or innovation.
Example?

Users who are viewing this thread