Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

Oh crap, forgot Ferguson! One of my favourite batsmen, I hope he plays ODIs again and perhaps tests.

Finch looks good, i'd love to see him have a good few seasons, he punishes the ball very much like Ponting. Clarke will more than likely take over number 3, though it really doesnt seem his style to me, but you could do worse.

Someone made a comparison between Finch and Hodge during the Shield final, about when they chased down Tassie's total in the T20 and Hodge made 90, how they looked like twins, haha.

Goddamnit, the Shield final's not on a separate channel, I have to use Viewer's Choice which takes ages on my Austar, lol.

I reckon we might see a sporting declaration from Ponting ala this last Boxing day Test, maybe when North reaches his 100?

Id back Aus to bundle NZ out for 240 odd.

NZ are giving his patience a massive test with the field settings. Well made 150 and good on North for going for the third.

Can say the same for Johnson! The fielding restrictions would be the main reason.

An article about how close Smith was to making it Smith almost got the nod - Australia - Fox Sports
Probably making something out of nothing as he was no chance as Hughes was obviously brought over as backup opener not for a free holiday.

Hmmm. He's riding on the irresistable combination of young talent and ZOMG HE"S A LEGGIE.

I dunno, for him to make my XI you've gotta ask:
1. Is he a better spinner than Hauritz?
2. Is he a better all-rounder than Watson?
3. Is he a better straight out batsman than all but one of Hussey, North, Hughes, White, Bailey, Klinger, Khawaja, Jaques, D.Hussey, Cowan, Rogers, Marsh bros. (whoever else you want to put in there)? I'm assuming Katich, Ponting and Clarke are immovable objects and 3 of your 5 batsmen.

I can't answer yes to any of those questions so I wouldn't pick him. To me you need a guy who does at least one discipline really well. Right now he can't. His batting is better, but I wouldn't bet my house on him making a 2nd XI right now if he couldn't bowl. I don't like when talk like 'he can bat in the top 6' comes out. Sure he CAN, but do you WANT him to bat in the top 6? I think he needs another year of cricket for NSW.

Users who are viewing this thread