Australia tour of South Africa 2018

S

Satan666

The game and the Australian public. Certainly wouldn't be directly at South Africa. Why should it be when their player who has been caught up in ball tampering TWICE is not only playing in the series but also captain of the side ?

Where have I indicated they should apologise to SA? I pointed out that Smith appeared to apologise to everyone concerned. Never stated they should directly at SA.

Check your facts before you come out at me.

S

Satan666

[/DOUBLEPOST]It's just hilarious listening to South African, Pakistan, Indian, England fans calling us cheats and calling for our heads. I can guarantee our punishment towards our players will be a hell of a lot more serious then what du Plessis, Afridi, Tendulkar and Bothams punishments ever were.

Yup got to give credit to CA for investigating this matter further and dealing accordingly. You are absolutely right those other instances those boards defended the wrong doings of their players. Probably why the ICC rules arent more stringent when it comes to ball tampering because of the Indian influence on world cricket!

This is why am saying a year ban for these guys is too much, perhaps a five match ban, though admittedly in Warner’s case I rather not see him on a cricket field again!

RichieCunningham

School Cricketer
Yup got to give credit to CA for investigating this matter further and dealing accordingly. You are absolutely right those other instances those boards defended the wrong doings of their players. Probably why the ICC rules arent more stringent when it comes to ball tampering because of the Indian influence on world cricket!

The ICC rules are a joke. Afridi two matches for biting the ball ..... I mean come on .... Smith one game from the ICC for this and Bancroft just a fine ?[DOUBLEPOST=1522204649][/DOUBLEPOST]And I will agree with you 100% with the Indian influence on world cricket. That's what is so annoying. Imagine if this was Kohli ......[DOUBLEPOST=1522204706][/DOUBLEPOST]Warner will never play for Australia again, of that I am pretty confident. Not so much because the ban will be that long, but because I think he has done irreversible damage within the team.

RichieCunningham

School Cricketer
Bancroft seems to be getting off quite lightly here though and with all the talk around Smith and Warner. The bloke is a man and is responsible for his decisions. He could of said no but didn't. Was embarrassing watching him try and claim it was his glass cleansing cloth too and trying to stash it down his pants. I think he deserves a substantial suspension equal to that of Warner's with Smiths probably half of those two.[DOUBLEPOST=1522205009][/DOUBLEPOST]All that is frustrating me is the other Countries trying to have a go at us for this when at least our punishment will be a hell of a lot worse then your Countries punishments were to players in similar situations. Especially one who is still captaining a Country. Take a good look at your own Cricket boards before daring to have a go at ours.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
All that is frustrating me is the other Countries trying to have a go at us for this when at least our punishment will be a hell of a lot worse then your Countries punishments were to players in similar situations. Especially one who is still captaining a Country. Take a good look at your own Cricket boards before daring to have a go at ours.

Right ! Because CA is fully of integrity right. If I recall correctly, ACB had a massive cover up in 95-96 to protect two of their star players when there were allegations of these players sharing match and conditions info to bookies.

There are plenty of skeletons in everybodys closets ... No point bringing up past things because no one is innocent. Especially none of the boards :)

There is a current issue going on. And actually a lot of non Aussie fans are saying that life ban doesn't make sense. And comparing this to March fixing doesn't make sense either. So all this talk of 'they are having a go at us because of jealousy' sounds very silly

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In the same breath the Proteaas should
apologise as well, they were warned from the umpires about throwing the ball hard on the pitch back to the keeper, in order to change the condition of the ball.
If you can't tell the difference between the two then there's no point taking this conversation any further.

S

Satan666

Right ! Because CA is fully of integrity right. If I recall correctly, ACB had a massive cover up in 95-96 to protect two of their star players when there were allegations of these players sharing match and conditions info to bookies.

There are plenty of skeletons in everybodys closets ... No point bringing up past things because no one is innocent. Especially none of the boards :)

There is a current issue going on. And actually a lot of non Aussie fans are saying that life ban doesn't make sense. And comparing this to March fixing doesn't make sense either. So all this talk of 'they are having a go at us because of jealousy' sounds very silly

Seems to me Richie is alluding to ball tampering across the board, no one brought up match fixing!

Sorry, 'March fixing'

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cummins indeed seems future captain been a fan of his bowling ever since he came out and cant say I recall him sledging like Starc and Hazlewood.
Cummins is prone to injury. Maybe that will hold him back for the captaincy post. And I agree that he has been bowling better than Starc and Hazlewood.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The reason why Bancroft's issue is getting a lot of backlash than other previous incidents, is because this was planned. Atleast there is proof for that. They had a meeting and they decided to cheat and they tried to cover it up by speaking in walkie-talkie and showing the umpires something else. This has nothing to do with jealousy.

I am not saying the offense of this incident is higher than other incidents, both are equally guilty, but those things were at the spur of the moment and hence didn't attract lot of criticism. For example, do you really think Afridi had a meeting with 'leadership group' that he will chew the ball out in the open ? Come on ! It was just 'brain fade' incident and hence not much criticism just like other incidents. But this is a planned decision to cheat.

Sure, Aussies were stronger in past and maybe some jealousy was there, but now all teams are at the same level. There is no reason for any other top 7 teams to be jealous of Australia. No reason at all.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Seems to me Richie is alluding to ball tampering across the board, no one brought up match fixing!

Sorry, 'March fixing'

And I was alluding to the simple truth that no board is more honorable than the other. Given the chance they will all protect their players and their interests. If we did not have video proof in this case, I am sure there would be no major reprimands by the board publicly.

Plus Claiming that the rest of the PC board members are baying for blood because of jealousy is silly. Most of the board members here are not casual cricket fans who would get carried away with such things. This is not just an Australian cricket issue.

And congrats on picking up on that typo :clap

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't like this Australian team and haven't for a good few years. Not imagining any nation being jealous of another ha what a crock. I know I'm jealous of Brazil, Spain etc in Football. We set high standards for ourselves in Cricket, which is why this is such big news. No other teams have a right to call us cheats, but they will.[DOUBLEPOST=1522204217][/DOUBLEPOST]Just like we can't call any other Countries cheats now either.[DOUBLEPOST=1522204306][/DOUBLEPOST]It's just hilarious listening to South African, Pakistan, Indian, England fans calling us cheats and calling for our heads. I can guarantee our punishment towards our players will be a hell of a lot more serious then what du Plessis, Afridi, Tendulkar and Bothams punishments ever were.

Teasea

School Cricketer
i don't like what our guys have done but listening to the pathetic outcry from all those other countries who are no better makes me ill. BTW ZWarrior some incidents were not spur of the moment. Trescothick wrote in his book years later that it was his job to keep the ball shiny and tried several types of lollies before finding mint was best, so someone else was involved to tell him it was his job. Also Crowe NZ and Pringle said they (again more than one) used to cut up bottle tops, wrap them in tape with the pointy bit showing and take them out in their pockets. This has been going on so long, in the old days they used brylcream then advanced to hair gel, lip balm, lollies, sugar, dirt, scratching! I don't condone it but ......

RichieCunningham

School Cricketer
And I was alluding to the simple truth that no board is more honorable than the other. Given the chance they will all protect their players and their interests. If we did not have video proof in this case, I am sure there would be no major reprimands by the board publicly.

Plus Claiming that the rest of the PC board members are baying for blood because of jealousy is silly. Most of the board members here are not casual cricket fans who would get carried away with such things. This is not just an Australian cricket issue.

And congrats on picking up on that typo :clap

Not really fussed what anyone to do with India thinks. They think they run the game. Think it's because you are butt hurt you didn't actually invent the game.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Not really fussed what anyone to do with India thinks. They think they run the game. Think it's because you are butt hurt you didn't actually invent the game.

:facepalm :facepalm Well, I guess that ends this conversation. This post gives excellent context to your previous 'brilliant' comments

Users who are viewing this thread