Australia Under 28's

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Heard some interesting comments this arvo from a former Aussie spinner who think Australia will be like the West Indies in 5 years time, because they have no youngsters and all the fringe players are over 30.

So i'm making an Australian under 28's team to prove we'll be alright

In no particular batting order.

Michael Clarke
Adam Voges
Luke Pomersbach
George Bailey
Cameron White
Luke Ronchi
Andrew McDonald
Peter Siddle
Doug Bollinger
Shaun Tait
Ben Hilfenhaus

Must also mention Phil Hughes, who at 19 already has a first class average of 43, and has done well in the one dayers aswell. In 5 years time he could very well be playing for Australia.

Not a very strong team i think South Africa might be stronger than the Aussie by that time , but the Aussies definetly not a next West Indies...

Of course it looks weak to outsiders cause you guys wouldn't have heard of half of those names just like we wouldn't have heard of half of your guys players if you started a similar thread.

McDonald has started to come good again this season after his injury with bat and ball. Bollinger is 2nd only to Noffke in wicket taking terms and could overtake him in his current match.
Siddle has 2 fers in 5 matches in FC.

Batting wise if we somehow mange a similar team to that then 400 in ODI will be no problem if those guys click.

That Steven Smith already looks to be a talent with bat and ball and seeing we don't have a spinner he could come out of the blue to take that spot.

I'd say Englands under 28s would beat them, we tend to play ours a lot younger. I bet most people on here have heard of all of those excluding Jordan and possibly Denly.

Cook
Denly
Bell
KP
Bopara/Luke Wright
Rashid
Ambrose (WK)
Jordan
Broad
Anderson
Panesar

and thats not including Liam Plunkett too

Of the first post I know these names: Michael Clarke, Adam Voges, Cameron White, Luke Ronchi, Doug Bollinger, Shaun Tait and Ben Hilfenhaus.

Mainly these players aren't coming into the Australian side and getting international recognition, because the older players are settled in within their places. In other words: for these youngsters it's difficult to come in Australian team. When the older players will be gone, they may play in the Australian team.

Some players there look promising. Clarke will defenetly skipper the side. But some other players i haven't really heard of i better do my research than. It looks like a OK side but not strong enough to get Australia to where they are now.

Mainly these players aren't coming into the Australian side and getting international recognition, because the older players are settled in within their places. In other words: for these youngsters it's difficult to come in Australian team. When the older players will be gone, they may play in the Australian team.

Which pretty much sums up why that team in the first post excluding Clarke would have less than 10 caps put together.

I'd say Englands under 28s would beat them, we tend to play ours a lot younger. I bet most people on here have heard of all of those excluding Jordan and possibly Denly.

Cook
Denly
Bell
KP
Bopara/Luke Wright
Rashid
Ambrose (WK)
Jordan
Broad
Anderson
Panesar

and thats not including Liam Plunkett too
jordan46-27329.jpg
Chris Jordan! Sussex player, prodigy - future England player for sure. Griffo and I's player of the future IMO. He will be the only reason why I like England. If you look at my current MSN pic - its of the future legend that is Chris Jordan.

He's undecided, I hope not though, I think he feels West Indian but he knows England will be better for his career and his time at Surrey and in the county game has helped him develop into the player he is.

SA also has alot of talent of age under 28
they've got the morkel brothers
AB de Villiers
Dale Steyn
and JP Duminy

Users who are viewing this thread