Australian Domestic Cricket

Wow go Wade, if he keeps doing that down the order then he could quickly move up the national selection ladder. Lets see what the other keeper can do.

Christian did well for SA, his batting has come along nicely this season.

WA not doing badly, but getting bogged down anyway... and Bandy is out. Hodge hasn't been that good, but they haven't been able to hit him.

This must be the most sensible innings Ronchi has played. WA are really missing North, he would have known what to do in this siation. If WA are to be any chance Doropoulos and Ronchi need to be there to the end.

Hodge is going to score another century :p Dorey's having a shocker today.

EDIT: Run out appeal while I type ? Nah, Hodge grounded it in time.

Good call aye'?

Don't know why Brandy tried to cut that. Really unnecessary. Superhodge much?

If it was anyone to win WA the match it'd be Doropoulos.

South Australia v Queensland at Traegar Park, Alice Springs

Queensland 6 for 266 (50 Overs)
Nathan Reardon 83
Lee Carseldine 68
Craig Philipson 50
Jake Haberfield 3 for 38 (10)

South Australia 236
Michael Klinger 76
Dan Christian 46
Cameron Borgas 40
Alister McDermott 3 for 39 (10)
Chris Simpson 3 for 44 (10)

Queensland won by 30 runs

This was a South Australian home game but it was played in Alice Springs Northern Territory.

IanG added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Did I miss some news on North? Is he injured?

AAP said:
Aussie cricketer North suffers injury

Australia suffered an injury scare in the lead-up to the first Test against the West Indies, when batsman Marcus North was sent to hospital for x-rays on his wrist on Saturday.

North suffered bruising and swelling when hit on the right wrist while fielding for Western Australia against Victoria in the one-day game at the MCG.

The Warriors captain mis-fielded at cover late in the Bushrangers' innings and was sent to hospital for assessment.

Warriors coach Tom Moody was hopeful North had not suffered a major injury.

"He was limited with his movement and in a bit of pain but if it's not broken there's no reason why he can't bat," Moody told Fox Sports.

North is aiming to be a part of the Australian side for the first Test against the West Indies, at the Gabba starting November 26, after a great start to his international career in 2009.

The left-hander scored three centuries in his first seven Tests, including one on debut in South Africa and another in the first Ashes Test in Cardiff, and currently averages 47.90.

North's injury is the latest in a long line of ailments dating back to the Ashes series, where wicketkeeper Brad Haddin broke his finger.

Vice-captain Michael Clarke (back) and paceman Nathan Bracken (knee) were sent home before the Champions Trophy tournament in South Africa, while batsman Callum Ferguson suffered a serious knee injury in the final.

During the following one-day series in India, paceman Brett Lee (elbow), keeper Tim Paine (finger), paceman Peter Siddle (side strain) and allrounders James Hopes and Moises Henriques (both hamstring) were all sent home.

Clarke and Lee are expected to play for NSW in next week's Sheffield Shield match against Tasmania, and North had been given the all-clear to play in the four-day game against Victoria.

If North is ruled out of action before the first Test, Australia's selectors might consider a middle-order batsman as replacement or recall opener Phillip Hughes, which would mean sending incumbent opener Shane Watson down the order.

North's WA teammate Mike Hussey appears assured to keep his place in the Test side despite his struggles the past year, as he was told by Cricket Australia to rest next week instead of playing the Vics.
LINK

Last edited:
Bugger, I just saw his post match interview, he says its ok. he batted, was last out, couldnt really hit it off the square, If he doesnt play the shield game on tuesday he might be in doubt for the test i reckon.

A woeful effort from Andrew Symonds - 4 with the bat and then he was the worst of our bowlers with 0/48 from 10 overs. Not sure how exactly he got preference with the ball as opposed to a young gun like Scotty Walter who finished with 1/16 from 4 overs.

Still, another win for Queensland - we are top of the table I think now.

Big names into the game at North Sydney today, but I know a few who would be excited to see that number 11.

Hughes
Warner
Jaques
Katich
Clarke
Haddin
Smith
Lee
O'Keefe
Clark
Hazlewood

Not such a star lineup for Tassie though, but they have openers built for North Sydney and plenty of power in the middle with Bailey and Birt.

Lockyear
Dighton
Cowan
Bailey
Birt
Butterworth
Faulkner
Krejza
Drew
Geeves
Doherty

Bailey made the astute call at the toss that chasing teams don't tend to lose at North Sydney and when they do, it's not by much. More interestingly, the decision to hand the new ball to Jason Krejza appears to be quite effective against this pair.

Great to see us giving the youngsters a go, I'm guessing Cockley was rested as you couldn't drop him after his last display.

Brendan Drew is a good example of a bowler gathering speed as he matures. A couple of seasons ago, he was unlikely to bowl at 130 kph, but now he is bowling faster than that for a loosener.

Tassie have enacted a really oppressive start on Hughes and Warner, the spin of Krejza being dominant. Hughes has enjoyed the better part of it, with Geeves offering some bad balls to him, but Warner has been well and truly contained. Nevertheless, they are still batting, so it's hard to really fault them if they go on with the partnership.

angryangy added 6 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Great to see us giving the youngsters a go, I'm guessing Cockley was rested as you couldn't drop him after his last display.
Caught a bug in India. Warnie was onto something you know, canned baked beans and spaghetti might not be good food, but they aren't going to make you miss a game.

Definitely one of the slower starts you will see from this pair but they can really start to unleash with a solid platform.

Caught a bug in India. Warnie was onto something you know, canned baked beans and spaghetti might not be good food, but they aren't going to make you miss a game.

The Warney diet :p Weird thing is he was only there for less than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread