Australian Domestic Cricket

The batsmen took on the young Faulkner, but their timing of the ball suggests it's still sticking in the pitch a bit and they've generally struggled to adapt. Last ball of the Powerplay and it's an unlucky lbw to Hughes, plumb in front, but pitched well outside leg.

Warner should be use to those slow pitches after the Champions league. He needs to go on after this slow start. Feel for Hughes, he was looking good for a big one.

Clarke was sent in at 3, presumably to ensure he got time in the middle before the 1st Test, but he's been run out. It was a pretty tight call to give; in the first frame in which the stumps are broken, the bat is just over the line. A lot of 3rd umpires probably wouldn't have given it. Warner remains however. I'd argue this is a very good knock by him so far. He's joined by Haddin, again, probably looking for match practice, but also likely a hope of boosting the run rate.

angryangy added 13 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Oh, but Warner has gone for just 36, finally edged one to Butterworth. It's amusing to say, but NSW are in a hint of trouble.

Warner trying to be too fancy there, should stick to what he does best in smashing it into the crowd. Will be interesting seeing how Jaques go at 5. Lucky this pitch is slow as we got no hitting power left.

You tend to expect a pitch like this to be a bit tacky in the morning, but it seems to have lingered quite a bit. I suspect the pitch was prepared with a hotter, drier day in mind.

Jaques slogs sweeps a six into the stands. At the half-way point of the innings, has the tide turned?

CA: Faulkner to Jaques, SIX, down on 1 knee to a short of a length delivery & slog-sweeps it high over the deep mid-wicket boundary! First 6 of the day!

Cricinfo: Faulkner to Jaques, SIX, fullish outside off, gets down on one knee and swings across the line, high and just over the rope at deep mid wicket

Which site should I believe?

One for Angry since he has the coverage.

Tassie 2nd spinner brought on, Haddin loves smashing the spinners but doesn't have the base to work from.

Nay, Jaques got a bit edgy, dropped chance at mid off, but next ball he was caught behind. Good take by Birt, only a part-timer.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Which site should I believe?
It might have been shortish, because the ball isn't really getting up. I'd just say it was a length ball.

ZOMG EPIC CATCH BY COWAN

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Running, diving full stretch at long off, both hands go for it, one hand takes it.

Good dam, too many superstars back, not enough team cohesion. These two are the last in the bank else we need another Lee miracle. Smith has been in good form of late and another good knock today will go a long way to sealing his spot for a few more matches.

Double spin and double six by Smith. These two have got us back into a good position. Katich has been awesome, hes carried his T20 form over by scoring quickly.

If Katich can play like this, why isn't he in our ODI squad?
With Clarke's bad back, rampant bowling injuries and the downfall of Symonds, they really need a player like Hodge or Katich. Armed in all departments, each is an experienced batsmen in form that can play in a range of positions, excellent in the field and can support with spin bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread