Australian Domestic Cricket

Gotta feel for Krejza, what is he to do? The pitches just dont turn here anymore, even at the SCG. I think he should pack his bags, go overseas, like Nash. I love his style, he turns it and is so aggressive, unfairly treated but you cant argue against Hauritz.

In a perfect world i'd pick Krejza over Hauritz in the test XI. Dont rate Haurtiz one bit as a test bowler.

Dont rate Haurtiz one bit as a test bowler.

But another way of looking at it is, do you rate Krejza as a Test match bowler?

You have to take into account his wicket taking ability and inconsistency.

I would have Hauritz > Krejza anyday.

It wasnt just his failures after the two WI innings, in SA and England he looked awful, Malcolm and Gough made him look worse than Hughes in England, it was embarrassing stuff to be fending balls to gully every innings off balls that werent that dangerous.

To be honest, i dont really think Hughes has a problem againts the short ball based on what i've seen. I just think he had a problem with Flintoff in the Ashes. Since on debut in South Africa (forgetting his 1st innings dismissal in Jo'Burg) - he handled the short stufff from Steyn/Morkel/Ntini pretty well.

War added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Good point forgot about that 1 short ball per over. So really the Test arena is the only place to test Hughes. Never really saw Bevan in Test, looking at his figures he did alright against WI then got 2 poor Test series before being dropped. I reckon he might have made it in another country with more opportunities, the period he got dropped was when our depth was at an all time high.

Yea i've always thought so.

No I dont think Hughes has a short ball problem, but it sure did look ugly in England. You would hate for him to recalled fully, and suffer the same problems.

But another way of looking at it is, do you rate Krejza as a Test match bowler?

You have to take into account his wicket taking ability and inconsistency.

I would have Hauritz > Krejza anyday.

I dont really rate Crazy that much either, but he is better of the two worst.

In a full-strenght AUS 5-attack when all are fit again of Bollinger - Hilfenhaus - Johnson - Watson. I would prefer an attacking spinner like Krejza.

In a full-strenght AUS 5-attack when all are fit again of Bollinger - Hilfenhaus - Johnson - Watson. I would prefer an attacking spinner like Krejza.

Despite what happened this summer, our pace bowlers will leak a lot of runs against good batting line-ups. So we don't need an expensive spinner.

And despite the general thought, Warne was a very economical bowler.

Do people think Warne leaked runs? Or is it overlooked due to his magic balls?
Hauritz has done his job and we shouldn't go into a match without a spinner especially when Watson is more than capable of playing 4th seamer.

Copeland keeping us in the match, he sure is going well.

I'd be very surprised to read of people thinking Warne wasnt tight, he was very economical, anyone that says otherwise just hasnt seen him bowl enough. I'm 100% its NOT a general thought that he leaked runs. Very stupid comment indeed.

I'm 100% its NOT a general thought that he leaked runs. Very stupid comment indeed.

By me? I don't think anybody made that comment. I was just generalizing.

TumTum added 6 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

That is the argument most people use when supporting Krejza, it is ok if he is expensive as long as he is attacking, and Warne was always an attacking bowler.

But they keep forgetting is that you can be attacking and economical at the same time.

Go Vics! Perfect game for me, the Vics won well, but some young Blues performed well.

Sigh our batting is too inconsistent. We get 2 guys performing but the other guys go cheaply and we end up in a similar position to SA against India.

^ You don't care about NSW, all you care about is that Smith got another ton :p

TBH I don't care about NSW :D Just like to see some guys performing.

But they keep forgetting is that you can be attacking and economical at the same time.
Attack and defence in cricket are confusing terms. In general, cricket is a game of concurrent attack and defence, but when referring to bowlers, basically all people mean by the term is more pace or more spin. When attacking, a spinner will float the ball up and use over-spin and drift as well as side-spin. Conversely, defensive spin bowling tends to be flatter and rely a lot more on beating the batsman off the pitch. A lot of the bowlers who like to do this are quite tall, adding extra bounce to the difficulty of playing a shot down the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread