Australian Domestic Cricket

Despite what happened this summer, our pace bowlers will leak a lot of runs against good batting line-ups. So we don't need an expensive spinner.

And despite the general thought, Warne was a very economical bowler.

Not if all of Bollinger, Hilfy, Johnson, Watson are top form.

TumTum added 6 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

That is the argument most people use when supporting Krejza, it is ok if he is expensive as long as he is attacking, and Warne was always an attacking bowler.

But they keep forgetting is that you can be attacking and economical at the same time

Warne was unqiue that why he was one of the greatest. Few leg-spinners in test history given it such a difficult art, have been able to be attacking & economical. Leg-spinners are usually mainly attacking bowlers.

On Krejza at least we know if he gets a turning 5th day wicket or a sub-continental turner, he is farrr more likely that Hauritz to spin through a quality oppositon batting line-up. Hauritz has yet to do that & i have my doubts if he ever will be able to do that in tests.

Gazza said:
You obviously didn't watch too much of the Ashes then?

What did Hauritz do in the Ashes that was so special?.

War added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Its pretty much been Johnson and Siddle who have leaked runs mostly, since the SA tour.

Yea Johnson will never be economical - he will always be the loose cannon in the attack.

Sidvicious has been up & down in the Australian summer mainly due to fact that he has been playing injured since Champions League when he was playing for Victoria.

Yeah! Tassie into the final! What a match! Now all we need is that Qld vs Vic is rained out.

Farout, Vics v Queensland quarter final.

Hoping we can pull it off, and grab a home final!

Groan, we might not have Dussey :|

Anyone think Doherty is good enough to be part of AUS ODI or T20 squads in the next year or so?. He seems to bowling fairly well of late.

I have been following his progress since the 2002 Under-19 WC & he really has had an average domestic career.

He'll be an unlucky one IMO. Steve Smith's obviously next in line so they'll more than likely just skip Doherty.

Can't see either getting a run unless Hauritz gets injured. They are very similar to him with defence their main form of attack.

Users who are viewing this thread