Australian Domestic Cricket

Dam looks like a Khawaja materclass going on and I can't see it :( 58 off 69 pretty impressive effort after NSW were 3 for not many. Forrest also going nicely, hes given our middle so much stability.

Warner won't be getting much game time at NSW anytime soon, would be a shame to lose him but he'll probably be better off at the other States where hes probably more of a chance.

Khawaja makes his 100 but out soon after, good 70 from Forrest and Smith has almost doubled North's Shield average this season!

:hpraise Khawaja

Really sucks that the stream was down, that sounded like a beautiful innings. Can't wait to see this guy playing on an international level. How is he in limited overs?

Hes been alright in OD, showed off some of his left handed Tendulkar shots. If he plays like he does in Shield, he should be a hit in the FRC next season.

Smith again ends the day in the 70s, hopefully he can make back to back 100s to put more pressure on North.

And wow check out the bowler I picked a few years back - Coulter-Nile, hes got 3-4 off 5 overs :D And Feldman picked up a 4 few, hes in Copeland like form. Pomersbach also firing again, his break has done him the world of good and its a good time to do it with all these young batters coming through.

Quite like the streams Cricket Australia are doing for the shield games, Watched a bit of the Vic Tas game today.

Hmm k. So if I got English citizenship, could I play for them?

As long as you haven't played for another Test nation. Else you have to wait.

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I do like Usman's style, future test player for sure. Maybe when Hussey calls it quits.

Agree looks so solid and has all the shots including that brutal pull.

Quite like the streams Cricket Australia are doing for the shield games, Watched a bit of the Vic Tas game today.

I couldn't get mine working :(

TumTum added 4 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I have seen Khawaja bat once, and he looks a very stylish and technically correct batsmen. In a sense he is similar to M.Marsh in being technically sound, but the difference is he is actually performing :brickwall

Good piece for Tum

Yesterday the promoted and the demoted were overshadowed by the fifth member of the group. As ever Usman Khawaja went quietly about his business, cutting wristily to third man, driving conclusively through the covers and occasionally erupting into a pull. As a cricketer he looks better organised than any of the famous four and but for a broken thumb might have been on the plane to New Zealand. All the evidence indicates that he is the most accomplished young batsman in the country.

Summer of feast and famine for Blues tyros

Users who are viewing this thread